• :jihyowoah:
    • :uhhwhat:
    • :excite:
    • :confuse:
    • :dekushock:
    Aug 30, 2020
    Fans™
    ✨0
    Hey everyone! I just made my account not too long ago and I see that the art section of this site didn't have any posts yet. So I'm honored to be the first one to post something here! I always like looking at other people's art and seeing what people are into, so feel free to either show your own art or post your favorite works here. To start, here are some artists that I really like:

Of course, there are way more artists that I enjoy, but those three are some of my main inspiration. I like a lot of illustration, animation, realism, and a bit of abstract.  Also, if you would like to see my art I post on Instagram as well:  https://www.instagram.com/ladygalaxy_2020/

Aug 2, 2020
    Fans™
    ✨50,000
    Bias
    Minho, Wonho, YoungJae,
    31 minutes ago, LadyGalaxy2020 said:

Hey everyone! I just made my account not too long ago and I see that the art section of this site didn't have any posts yet. So I'm honored to be the first one to post something here! I always like looking at other people's art and seeing what people are into, so feel free to either show your own art or post your favorite works here. To start, here are some artists that I really like:

These are beautiful...I was just about to ask if you did any drawing...then I got to the bottom of your post. How long have you been creating art?

Aug 30, 2020
    Fans™
    ✨0
    These are beautiful...I was just about to ask if you did any drawing...then I got to the bottom of your post. How long have you been creating art?
    I officially started drawing when I was about 8 years old. Most of it was me (poorly)imitating what I saw in comics and manga lol. I would say my love for it got more serious around middle school, where I started paying attention to anatomy, shading, and other fundamentals a bit more. I decided that I wanted to make a small business dedicated to it in high school. So that's my current goal. I used to post my art on Google Plus back when it existed, and when I'm telling you, I CRINGED so hard when I saw these! Just look lol:

IMG_2379.PNGIMG_2380.PNG

It took me a long time to start drawing my own race too. I had a lot of image issues back then and gave lots of excuses for why I almost never drew Black people. Now I draw them as much as I can because I want young Black kids to be able to see characters and art that represents them. One of my little cousins even had one of my pieces as her tablet wallpaper. I was so touched to see that my work was having an effect :')

Last edited by a moderator:
    Aug 30, 2020
    Fans™
    ✨0
    1 minute ago, michiGO said:

Love this! I thought about making an art thread but never did because I'm lazy lol.

I'm not so active on my art ig anymore but here's a few that I love to follow.

Cyberl0ve! I love the colors and shading in her works. I also really like that Adrian guy's work, never heard of him until now. What draws you to the artists you listed? Also, do you have a favorite art medium?

michigo

Slut Kookie Enthusiast
    founder
    Staff
    Jul 22, 2020
    Fans™
    ✨486,747
    Bias
    J-Hooooope
    Cyberl0ve! I love the colors and shading in her works. I also really like that Adrian guy's work, never heard of him until now. What draws you to the artists you listed? Also, do you have a favorite art medium?
    I LOVE Adrian, all his work has this really relaxed and casual feel to it.

Im honestly not very picky I like; cuteness, bright and interesting colour palettes. Cool angles and poses with Street wear inspired fashions, and developed Original Characters. I’m really big into comic books so any combination of those things + plus some fake world building and I’m sold.

I’m lazy so I tend to use digital most often Lol but I have a really nostalgic feeling for just pencil and a sketchbook. I tried getting into watercolor last year but I had a depression flare up and I haven’t really picked it up again since.

Aug 30, 2020
    Fans™
    ✨0
    12 hours ago, michiGO said:

I LOVE Adrian, all his work has this really relaxed and casual feel to it.

Ah, so you're a fan of comics as well! Do you have any Ocs? Also, I love developed original characters but they remind me of how little I've developed my own 😅

I'm like the opposite of you in that regard lol. I use digital the least because I don't like having to set up each time. Maybe If I had a screen tablet or got another iPad I would do it more. Pencil and paper is just so familiar with no extra attachments you know? Sorry that you suffer from depression, hopefully you do get into watercolor one day. It's pretty fun once you get the hang of it! I would recommend trying out the watercolor brushes on your software, but the feeling just isn't the same.

michigo

Slut Kookie Enthusiast
    founder
    Staff
    Jul 22, 2020
    Fans™
    ✨486,747
    Bias
    J-Hooooope
    1 hour ago, LadyGalaxy2020 said:

[SIZE= 18px]Yeah it was a lot more cumbersome to draw before I got my ipad+apple pencil, I don't like the glossy feeling of the screen though. I need to get one of those paperlike screen protectors. (I can't believe they're like $40!!) And thank you~ I've been dealing with it for most of my life so I've learned how to function past the rough parts, quarantine has been a heavy hit though lmao. I have a couple watercolor artbooks that I've gotten as gifts I need to crack one of them open, it seems really relaxing.[/SIZE]

Aug 30, 2020
    Fans™
    ✨0
    On 8/31/2020 at 1:12 PM, michiGO said:

I follow him on YT(whtymanga) He has a lot of nice videos

I do have a few, and even a few chapters of a comic story-boarded but who knows when I'll ever start or finish it lol Here's a few of them.

You have a really cute artstyle! I especially like your concept for your character Rory. You should post when you start making some pieces with watercolor, I'd love to see your ocs in that medium ❤️ And $40 for a paper screen protector?! That's almost as bad as the Apple pencil lol. I don't know if you could really get something cheaper with that without losing a lot of the quality. The only other alternative I can think of is getting some tracing paper or some other see-through paper and laying that on top.

P.S: A good place to check out for your comic is the site Webtoon. From what I've heard they make it pretty easy to distribute your own comics. 

michigo

Slut Kookie Enthusiast
    founder
    Staff
    Jul 22, 2020
    Fans™
    ✨486,747
    Bias
    J-Hooooope
    You have a really cute artstyle! I especially like your concept for your character Rory. You should post when you start making some pieces with watercolor, I'd love to see your ocs in that medium ❤️ And $40 for a paper screen protector?! That's almost as bad as the Apple pencil lol. I don't know if you could really get something cheaper with that without losing a lot of the quality. The only other alternative I can think of is getting some tracing paper or some other see-through paper and laying that on top.

P.S: A good place to check out for your comic is the site Webtoon. From what I've heard they make it pretty easy to distribute your own comics. 
    Thank you! 

Heard of the tracing paper trick but I haven’t tried it yet. I’ll definitely start posting if I start working with watercolors, I need a relaxing hobby.

Thanks for the tip! I looked into webtoon and a few other indie comic apps, the threshold for entry doesn’t seem very high but it might be difficult to gain traction/readers