Trainee
    SUPPORTER
    Aug 13, 2020
    Fans™
    ✨50,000
    Bias
    Bang Si-hyuk
    Just posted today:

Here's how it would work, if approved: After purchasing a ticket for a concert, fans would need to verify that they have already been vaccinated (which would provide approximately one year of COVID-19 protection) or test negative for coronavirus approximately 24 to 72 hours prior to the concert. The length of coverage a test would provide would be governed by regional health authorities—if attendees of a Friday night concert had to be tested 48 hours in advance, most could start the testing process the day before the event. If it was a 24-hour window, most people would likely be tested the same day of the event at a lab or a health clinic.

Once the test was complete, the fan would instruct the lab to deliver the results to their health pass company, like CLEAR or IBM. If the tests were negative, or the fan was vaccinated, the health pass company would verify the attendee's COVID-19 status to Ticketmaster, which would then issue the fan the credentials needed to access the event. If a fan tested positive or didn't take a test to verify their status, they would not be granted access to the event. There are still many details to work out, but the goal of the program is for fans to take care of vaccines and testing prior to the concert and not show up hoping to be tested onsite.

Pretty interesting! Sounds like a logistical nightmare, but I would feel way more comfortable going to a concert if I knew everyone attending had to jump through all these hoops to get in. That said, there are going to be hella Americans who are going to politicize this AGAIN and not make it about public health. 😤

I've been getting surveys from one of the big arenas in my area about how comfortable I would be testing 24-48 hours prior to attending an event so I think a lot of people are trying to figure out how to be proactive so they can get these venues going again. The news about the vaccine changes that, but I imagine having to provide this kind of information is going to become the norm.

Aug 9, 2020
    Fans™
    ✨50,163
    Bias
    Crystal Lake (Ryo), Crossfaith (Hiro), Nocturnal Bloodlust (Natsu), Alice Nine (Tora).
    I don't think most people care enough about music to jump through all those hoops.

HellaKitty

Trainee
    SUPPORTER
    Aug 13, 2020
    Fans™
    ✨50,000
    Bias
    Bang Si-hyuk
    I don't think most people care enough about music to jump through all those hoops.

It's not just music though since the same practices can be put in place for live sports and any major gathering like conventions or festivals.

I think after taking away the opportunity to go these things for what will end up being at least a year the idea of doing some extra steps or getting to a venue early will seem small to return to experience a sense of "normal".

Aug 9, 2020
    Fans™
    ✨50,163
    Bias
    Crystal Lake (Ryo), Crossfaith (Hiro), Nocturnal Bloodlust (Natsu), Alice Nine (Tora).
    It's not just music though since the same practices can be put in place for live sports and any major gathering like conventions or festivals.

I think after taking away the opportunity to go these things for what will end up being at least a year the idea of doing some extra steps or getting to a venue early will seem small to return to experience a sense of "normal".
    I know it would apply to other things but I don't care about sports and stuff. I was just focusing on the type of entertainment I like.

Raeni

Trainee
    Aug 2, 2020
    Fans™
    ✨0
    Bias
    see awards/claims.
    As long as ticketmaster plans to pay for my covid testing, I'm game.
    I wonder if folks would still have to wear masks inside since false negatives happen.
    I personally would see myself doing this for an MLB game, but not for anything indoors and in close proximity to other people. I'll wait until all the kinks are worked out in the vaccination process before I would consider going to a concert again.

HellaKitty

Trainee
    SUPPORTER
    Aug 13, 2020
    Fans™
    ✨50,000
    Bias
    Bang Si-hyuk
    As long as ticketmaster plans to pay for my covid testing, I'm game.
    I wonder if folks would still have to wear masks inside since false negatives happen.
    I personally would see myself doing this for an MLB game, but not for anything indoors and in close proximity to other people. I'll wait until all the kinks are worked out in the vaccination process before I would consider going to a concert again.

Agreed. Testing would have to be free for this to work.

I'd be okay going to an indoor event with mandatory testing if it was still limited capacity, masks were required, and seats were socially distanced. They have to take into account that folks are yelling and breathing harder at these events so I think the regular rules outside of testing would have to apply.