Staff
    Jul 22, 2020
    Awards
    Fans™
    ✨487,949
    Bias
    J-Hooooope
    Is anyone watching Wandavision???

They just dropped a major episode today and I need to yell about comicbook stuff with someone lol.

wandavision-poster.jpg

Blends the style of classic sitcoms with the MCU in which Wanda Maximoff and Vision -two super-powered beings living their ideal suburban lives-begin to suspect that everything is not as it seems.

sailorbabe

Trainee
    Staff
    Jul 22, 2020
    Awards
    Fans™
    ✨71
    Me!! I love the MCU and DC (Although DC always disappoints me smh)

Wandavision is such a great show! I think it's great they did this to bring more shine to Wanda and Vision, I was usually whatever about Vision in the movies but Paul Bettany really sold the character to me in this show, Elizabeth is also doing a fantastic job. The latest episode left me in shambles and I can't wait to see how this ties up with Dr Strange and the rest of the universe, they basically confirmed this is the gateway to phase 4 plus the introduction to the X Men is already happening with the twins so I'm really excited about this development, honestly the quality of this made me excited for Loki and the Winter Soldier and Falcon shows, still don't really care for Hawkeye though lol

michigo

Say you love me
    founder
    Staff
    Jul 22, 2020
    Awards
    Fans™
    ✨487,949
    Bias
    J-Hooooope
    Me!! I love the MCU and DC (Although DC always disappoints me smh)

Wandavision is such a great show! I think it's great they did this to bring more shine to Wanda and Vision, I was usually whatever about Vision in the movies but Paul Bettany really sold the character to me in this show, Elizabeth is also doing a fantastic job. The latest episode left me in shambles and I can't wait to see how this ties up with Dr Strange and the rest of the universe, they basically confirmed this is the gateway to phase 4 plus the introduction to the X Men is already happening with the twins so I'm really excited about this development, honestly the quality of this made me excited for Loki and the Winter Soldier and Falcon shows, still don't really care for Hawkeye though lol
    YES!

DC is and always will be my first comic book love but istg if they let Zack Synder or Chris Terrio touch another one of their movies I'm never watching another DCEU film.

Same here, they didn't really do anything for me in the movies and I've only read a couple the of the comics where they're together, so I wasn't overly invested in the relationship dynamic but Elizabeth and Paul are SO GOOD together. I've always loved paul bettany as an actor but he's allowed to be so versatile in the show I"d forgotten how entertaining he is. I'm really interested in how they tie things up, I know Wanda's powers and the Hex are going to play a big part in establishing the Multiverse for the upcoming movies but I'm really excited to see how they tease the Xmen. I wonder if Wanda's powers are going to awaken latent mutant powers or if she's going to inadvertently reveal their existence I don't know how I would feel about them having her just make Mutants since the X-gene and being born a mutant is so engrained to their story.

How ever it ends up I can't wait to see it! I'm not really interested in Loki or Bucky and Falcon but I'll probably give every new show at least a couple episodes to see if they hook me or not.

HellaKitty

Trainee
    SUPPORTER
    Aug 13, 2020
    Fans™
    ✨50,374
    Bias
    Bang Si-hyuk
    Finally caught up with all the episodes in time for the finale tomorrow night. I came into it thinking it would just be a fun little show to watch that I wouldn't be too invested in—I like the MCU, grew up reading older Marvel comics thanks to my brother, but am not super invested in all of it, but this show kind of hit me in the gut. The way they made Wanda relatable in spite of her being this ridiculously powered individual was really well done and the slow reveal of her history and how it related to Westview was so good. The attention to detail to all the eras they hit in the series just had me amazed.

I know this series is a one-off to set up a lot of other things, but I'm going to miss seeing these two characters together after it's all done. It makes me want to revisit the Avengers movies to pay more attention to them because you know Kevin Feige is all about chess not checkers. Also, the casting overall has been excellent—even down the one-liner folks, everyone just hits their roles so well.

michigo

Say you love me
    founder
    Staff
    Jul 22, 2020
    Awards
    Fans™
    ✨487,949
    Bias
    J-Hooooope
    Finally caught up with all the episodes in time for the finale tomorrow night. I came into it thinking it would just be a fun little show to watch that I wouldn't be too invested in—I like the MCU, grew up reading older Marvel comics thanks to my brother, but am not super invested in all of it, but this show kind of hit me in the gut. The way they made Wanda relatable in spite of her being this ridiculously powered individual was really well done and the slow reveal of her history and how it related to Westview was so good. The attention to detail to all the eras they hit in the series just had me amazed.

I know this series is a one-off to set up a lot of other things, but I'm going to miss seeing these two characters together after it's all done. It makes me want to revisit the Avengers movies to pay more attention to them because you know Kevin Feige is all about chess not checkers. Also, the casting overall has been excellent—even down the one-liner folks, everyone just hits their roles so well.
    I want this week's episode to be movie length long lol, last week's was too short.

The one person I was absolutely shocked by was Kathryn Hahn as Agatha/Agnes, I think she's hilarious but I didn't expect her to absolutely sell me as this badass witch character.

HellaKitty

Trainee
    SUPPORTER
    Aug 13, 2020
    Fans™
    ✨50,374
    Bias
    Bang Si-hyuk
    I want this week's episode to be movie length long lol, last week's was too short.

The one person I was absolutely shocked by was Kathryn Hahn as Agatha/Agnes, I think she's hilarious but I didn't expect her to absolutely sell me as this badass witch character.

I did NOT see her character flip coming at all. I figured she was just comic relief the entire time! Her casting was excellent because I could see someone less talented not being able to sell being the hidden villain very well.

michigo

Say you love me
    founder
    Staff
    Jul 22, 2020
    Awards
    Fans™
    ✨487,949
    Bias
    J-Hooooope
    I did NOT see her character flip coming at all. I figured she was just comic relief the entire time! Her casting was excellent because I could see someone less talented not being able to sell being the hidden villain very well.
    I know just a tiny-little-itsy bitsy more than average about the Marvel Comics universe, so I was suspicious of her being the character that she is a few episodes in but Kathryn did such a good job of playing her role I started to doubt myself until the Halloween episode.

sailorbabe

Trainee
    Staff
    Jul 22, 2020
    Awards
    Fans™
    ✨71
    YES!

DC is and always will be my first comic book love but istg if they let Zack Synder or Chris Terrio touch another one of their movies I'm never watching another DCEU film.

Same here, they didn't really do anything for me in the movies and I've only read a couple the of the comics where they're together, so I wasn't overly invested in the relationship dynamic but Elizabeth and Paul are SO GOOD together. I've always loved paul bettany as an actor but he's allowed to be so versatile in the show I"d forgotten how entertaining he is. I'm really interested in how they tie things up, I know Wanda's powers and the Hex are going to play a big part in establishing the Multiverse for the upcoming movies but I'm really excited to see how they tease the Xmen. I wonder if Wanda's powers are going to awaken latent mutant powers or if she's going to inadvertently reveal their existence I don't know how I would feel about them having her just make Mutants since the X-gene and being born a mutant is so engrained to their story.

How ever it ends up I can't wait to see it! I'm not really interested in Loki or Bucky and Falcon but I'll probably give every new show at least a couple episodes to see if they hook me or not.

Given the latest PR week WB been going about trying to defend Snyder because of the release of his cut of Justice League, I will say the future of DCEU it's looking pretty grim, sorry for being so vulgar but both DC and Warner are sucking Snyder's dick right now lol, I don't understand whats the obsession of letting a guy who has made it pretty clear that he doesn't understand superheroes to continue to make superhero movies, just so they can say that they are edgier than Marvel? Bitch please they didn't even have the balls to make Suicide Squad R rated lol Not to mention all the racial discrimination Ray Fisher had to go through on set of JL. The Harley Quinn movie was the only DC movie so far where I felt I didn't waste my time, Suicide Squad reboot looks promising but my expectations are low. At least the animated DC universe is fire!! They need to bring the people that are making the animated stuff because they know what they doing!

Also last episode of Wandavision left me crushed, spoilers ahead

It was really painful knowing that Vision and the twins couldn't stay with her, that last scene with Vision omg when Vision had a tear rolling down his eye so did I!! Now Wanda is all alone again but I'm glad they didn't went dark Wanda like in the House of M comics. I think it was interesting that they fooled us with Evan Peters, turns out he was just a regular townie but I'm not too surprised because Marvel is very salty about what Fox did with the XMEN so I'm sure they want to recreate all the characters like they want to from scratch. The twins really got me hyped for a sec though, they are so cool in the comics so I really want to see them in the movies.

It's going to be interesting what happens in CM2 now that Monica also has powers. In the comics she becomes CM herself after Carol but I don´t know if they going that route. Interestingly they didn't seem to hint too much at Dr Strange but I'm guessing that's going to be on Loki's show since hes going to meet the time committee and all. Yes! Kevin Faige already said the key to the entire Phase 4 relies on Wanda's powers so we will see, I also don't want them to got the "she creates the mutants" route though.

I was planning to ignore Falcon and Winter Soldier completely but then the actor who plays Falcon said that they are actually going to touch on the racial aspect of the shift of Captain America since we know in the real world the face of America being changed from white guy to a black man wouldn't be so easy and that got me going hmmm now that's interesting. I was fearing that they would ignore that aspect all together.

michigo

Say you love me
    founder
    Staff
    Jul 22, 2020
    Awards
    Fans™
    ✨487,949
    Bias
    J-Hooooope
    Anyone watching LOKI?

I started the first episode and really enjoyed it. I don't know anything about Loki, so I'm invested in seeing how they flesh him out.

MAYE

Trainee
    Oct 17, 2020
    Fans™
    ✨37
    Helluurrrrr haven't been here in a long time and I'm just making this post to find the thread more easily.

Still haven't seen Loki, don't care about him that much but I like the kooky, fantastical side of Marvel.

michigo

Say you love me
    founder
    Staff
    Jul 22, 2020
    Awards
    Fans™
    ✨487,949
    Bias
    J-Hooooope
    I don’t really care for Loki either but ive only seen one Thor movie lol. So far the show has me hooked.

sailorbabe

Trainee
    Staff
    Jul 22, 2020
    Awards
    Fans™
    ✨71
    I'm going to get to Loki next week, I never really understood the popularity of the character but maybe its because the Thor movies were my least favorite until the third movie saved it. The reviews have been good and even a friend of my mine who doesn't really like Marvel texted me saying the show was good.

I'm using this weekend to finally watch Falcon and the Winter Soldier, I don't really need to because I got the gist of what happened on the show but this show also has the most Blip incident-related content and I'm really interested in that. I think it's so cool that the MCU has this one major event where literally the whole world and characters were affected by it and it is a good idea to use these shows to explore how different people dealt with being literally erased from existence and then coming back and how those who didn't got blipped coped with it.

michigo

Say you love me
    founder
    Staff
    Jul 22, 2020
    Awards
    Fans™
    ✨487,949
    Bias
    J-Hooooope
    I'm going to get to Loki next week, I never really understood the popularity of the character but maybe its because the Thor movies were my least favorite until the third movie saved it. The reviews have been good and even a friend of my mine who doesn't really like Marvel texted me saying the show was good.

I'm using this weekend to finally watch Falcon and the Winter Soldier, I don't really need to because I got the gist of what happened on the show but this show also has the most Blip incident-related content and I'm really interested in that. I think it's so cool that the MCU has this one major event where literally the whole world and characters were affected by it and it is a good idea to use these shows to explore how different people dealt with being literally erased from existence and then coming back and how those who didn't got blipped coped with it.
    If you like Sam or Bucky as characters you'll love TFAWS just for them because Sebastian and Anthony Mackie really carry the show on the shoulders. I thought the story was a little weak but I enjoyed just for their interactions.

I started out feeling indifferent towards Loki but this week's episode really made me like him. I don't know if it's Tom Hiddleston's charm but watching him do stuff this week was really fun for me. I'm also REALLY loving the cinematography of the show. I hope they keep the same director for Season 2.

michigo

Say you love me
    founder
    Staff
    Jul 22, 2020
    Awards
    Fans™
    ✨487,949
    Bias
    J-Hooooope
    I'm about to watch the Loki finally and even thought a few little things have been spoiled for me I'm still not sure how I feel about the show as a whole. I'll update with my thoughts when its over.

:yodasip: