✨0

FAIRHEIGHTS

Debuted
    SUPPORTER
    Aug 11, 2020
    Fans™
    ✨50,546
    @michigo Don't order the sunscreen
    Looking for a good sunscreen that does not leave a white cast... I have used Bolden, they sell it at Target but you have to catch it because it stays sold out and it's a black owned brand. I normally just grab 2 when they have it in stock . What I used before that is the LaRoche Posay SPF60. I have oily skin and am about a NC43.

IMG_8243.jpgIMG_8242(1).jpg

Aug 2, 2020
    Fans™
    ✨0
    I have been using this sunscreen for the past few days and it does not leave a white cast which is a huge plus. Overall, I rate this sunscreena 7. Mainly because of how oily and thick it is. When you finish rubbing it in, your skin looks nicely hydrated, but after like 10 minutes your face turns into an oil slick. With Purito, I usually do three fingers worth of product, but I cannot do that with this sunscreen due to how thick it is. I stick with 2 fingers, which is the advises amount anyways.
    1607321403573.png

I'll let you know if my review changes because I think that this sunscreen is very hydrating overall, despite the excess oil. I hope that with time my skin gets used to it and is able to absorb it faster and combat the sheen.

Aug 2, 2020
    Fans™
    ✨0
    I have been using this sunscreen for the past few days and it does not leave a white cast which is a huge plus. Overall, I rate this sunscreena 7. Mainly because of how oily and thick it is. When you finish rubbing it in, your skin looks nicely hydrated, but after like 10 minutes your face turns into an oil slick. With Purito, I usually do three fingers worth of product, but I cannot do that with this sunscreen due to how thick it is. I stick with 2 fingers, which is the advises amount anyways.
    View attachment 1464

I'll let you know if my review changes because I think that this sunscreen is very hydrating overall, despite the excess oil. I hope that with time my skin gets used to it and is able to absorb it faster and combat the sheen.
    I'm not too fond of BGS, while my skin did get better at absorbing it over time. It is still too thick for my liking, and it left a thick layer of oil after application. I don't know if this was because of the sunscreen or my skin, but I noticed that my skin barrier was getting messed up. Each time I applied the sunscreen, my face stung. I know that the company will soon release a matte version, but I'm not sure if I would give it a try.

I wish Purito would work on their sunscreen because its consistency was amazing, and my skin loved it.

Aug 2, 2020
    Fans™
    ✨0
    Sunscreen Update

After BGS, I got tired of testing out different sunscreens, still holding out for Purito to make a comeback, and so I put a pause on it. In general, I slacked heavily when it came to my skincare routine. Acids were beating my ass up, particularly in the thin parts of my skin. I decided to look into the past sunscreens that I used, and one that my skin was okay with was this one:

Old Packaging New Packaging
    1617814466697.png1617814982582.png

I had stopped using it because it was just really oily, and the "formula" changed, so I didn't want to risk it irritating my skin. After doing some research, I found that the formula did not change and instead, the packaging had. So far, it is going well. I plan to try the Canmake Mermaid sunscreen as well, I used to use it in the past, and my only complaint was how small the product was. The Skin Aqua and Canmake ones do not leave a white cast and contain 40g worth of products. After trying both, I think I'll make a comparison post between the two.

michigo

Slut Kookie Enthusiast
    founder
    Staff
    Jul 22, 2020
    Fans™
    ✨486,747
    Bias
    J-Hooooope
    Sunscreen Update

After BGS, I got tired of testing out different sunscreens, still holding out for Purito to make a comeback, and so I put a pause on it. In general, I slacked heavily when it came to my skincare routine. Acids were beating my ass up, particularly in the thin parts of my skin. I decided to look into the past sunscreens that I used, and one that my skin was okay with was this one:

Old Packaging New Packaging
    View attachment 2175View attachment 2176

I had stopped using it because it was just really oily, and the "formula" changed, so I didn't want to risk it irritating my skin. After doing some research, I found that the formula did not change and instead, the packaging had. So far, it is going well. I plan to try the Canmake Mermaid sunscreen as well, I used to use it in the past, and my only complaint was how small the product was. The Skin Aqua and Canmake ones do not leave a white cast and contain 40g worth of products. After trying both, I think I'll make a comparison post between the two.
    I’ve been wanting to try the canmake mermaid sunscreen so if you do try it again please update us! I’m running low on my Biore UV rich and I wanna see if there’s anything better out there before I repurchase.