• :jihyowoah:
    • :uhhwhat:
    • :excite:
    • :confuse:
    • :dekushock:
    Nov 10, 2020
    Fans™
    ✨50,502
    did yall ssee army going gaga over the selfie uploaded of jimin bowing to them?

first of all it's just giving them even more sense of power and deepening their parasocial relationship with bts

secondly it was like 2am in sk so I doubt jimin was bowing at armys feet that damn early/late

it's just all around creepy and strange
    Oof I just looked it up, at this point they gotta be paying jimin extra because why is he the emergency pr every single time?

Hybe saw that most people didn't like PTD so they're trying to increase the hive mentality so they can squeeze out more number 1's. Fair enough since they made it clear they're only after validation but at least make one of the more thirsty ones like namjoon or yoongi do it. Why are they dragging Mr "dead in the eyes unless they're in South Korea" park jimin into this? He don't care about no billboard he just wants bragging rights he's not picky where he gets them from.

India Skyy

Trainee
    Oct 16, 2020
    Fans™
    ✨52,897
    Oof I just looked it up, at this point they gotta be paying jimin extra because why is he the emergency pr every single time?

Hybe saw that most people didn't like PTD so they're trying to increase the hive mentality so they can squeeze out more number 1's. Fair enough since they made it clear they're only after validation but at least make one of the more thirsty ones like namjoon or yoongi do it. Why are they dragging Mr "dead in the eyes unless they're in South Korea" park jimin into this? He don't care about no billboard he just wants bragging rights he's not picky where he gets them from.
    Now you know yoongi proud arrogant behind ain't bowing at nobodys feet

And hybe already know not to ask jin or taehyung to do it

Like I said before namjoon,yoongi and jungkook are thirsty for American validation the most

The other four are just along for the ride

michigo

Say you love me
    founder
    Staff
    Jul 22, 2020
    Awards
    Fans™
    ✨487,949
    Bias
    J-Hooooope
    Yeah, she was part of the push to encourage young people to get vaccinated so she did an appearance and a small speech, I believe. The marketing arm of her team is long and powerful! haha

School coming back SHOULD reset the expectations of all of Kpop, but ARMY has only gotten bigger over the pandemic so I think their reach is going to continue to surprise me. I don't know how much crazier it can get though. BTS' current ultimate goal, the Grammy, will always be out of ARMYs hands.

The ironclad hold that Tik Tok has over the youths is so crazy to me, pop stars being invited to give speechs at the white house will never not be funny. 😂

I don't think anything short of an earth-shattering scandal would stop the BTS train the way it is now. They'll continue to dominiate for any and everything that's fan voted but unless Big Hit/HYBE start shelling out some serious cash for the more critical recognition (assuming they aren't already) Awards and accolades like The Grammys will continue to elude them until they strike a real cord with the American public.

Is anyone else buying the 2020 memories? :creep:

I've been doing good with limiting my kpop spending for the past few months but I'm a sucker for those end of year dvds, they make good "rainy day" movies.

Jul 15, 2021
    Fans™
    ✨115
    Bias
    Suga/RM
    I want to buy 2020 Memories but I cringe thinking about how much money I've spent on the boys in just two years 😂.

Also, I do think that BTS care more about validation from fans than the US as a whole. I can see them making music that they don't like because they think us fans will. It's part of the reason why I'm critical of us Armys blindly supporting everything they release . This is one of the reasons why this comeback is so uninspired because all three of their english language songs are so inoffensive~. That's the problem of trying to please everyone because you end up pleasing no one.

HellaKitty

Trainee
    SUPPORTER
    Aug 13, 2020
    Fans™
    ✨50,374
    Bias
    Bang Si-hyuk
    The ironclad hold that Tik Tok has over the youths is so crazy to me, pop stars being invited to give speechs at the white house will never not be funny. 😂

I don't think anything short of an earth-shattering scandal would stop the BTS train the way it is now. They'll continue to dominiate for any and everything that's fan voted but unless Big Hit/HYBE start shelling out some serious cash for the more critical recognition (assuming they aren't already) Awards and accolades like The Grammys will continue to elude them until they strike a real cord with the American public.

Is anyone else buying the 2020 memories? :creep:

I've been doing good with limiting my kpop spending for the past few months but I'm a sucker for those end of year dvds, they make good "rainy day" movies.

It's safe to assume that ALL pop artists, including BTS, are shelling out money for recognition. That's just the nature of the music industry as a whole. So yes, HYBE/BHM has already been doing it based off the success of Dynamite/Butter. PTD's success, IMO, is mostly ARMY-related and that'll be proven when we see how it charts next week. With no radio or marketing push from the corporate side PTD should free fall pretty hard next week as streaming/buying from super hardcore ARMY eases up.

I got Memories 2020 and I usually order from Global 'cause I'm impatient, but I swear they're artificially jacking up shipping prices to encourage US folks to purchase from the US.

Jul 15, 2021
    Fans™
    ✨115
    Bias
    Suga/RM
    Rumors are swirling again that BTS will make an appearance at the Met Gala this year. I’m pretty sure they’re unfounded but I’m sitting up here daydreaming about which designers they’d be matched with.

India Skyy

Trainee
    Oct 16, 2020
    Fans™
    ✨52,897
    I would love it if they actually did go to the Met gala

Army kinda salty that the theme this year is american independence but bts so far up white anericas ass anyway so I dont see the problem

Taehyung and jin would get the 'locals' attention for sure
    Bts in all their natural tan skinned glory would for sure be a look

If they are here for the vmas(the day before the gala) they could meet their biggest US competition olivia rodrigo

Army would go ballistic if they took pics together

Probably wont happen but if it did I would love to see it

michigo

Say you love me
    founder
    Staff
    Jul 22, 2020
    Awards
    Fans™
    ✨487,949
    Bias
    J-Hooooope
    I want to buy 2020 Memories but I cringe thinking about how much money I've spent on the boys in just two years 😂.

Also, I do think that BTS care more about validation from fans than the US as a whole. I can see them making music that they don't like because they think us fans will. It's part of the reason why I'm critical of us Armys blindly supporting everything they release . This is one of the reasons why this comeback is so uninspired because all three of their english language songs are so inoffensive~. That's the problem of trying to please everyone because you end up pleasing no one.

I think that too but then I rationalise by telling myself that I could pay for a few months of rent if sold my collection so in reality I'm investing in my future. :cheesin:

It's safe to assume that ALL pop artists, including BTS, are shelling out money for recognition. That's just the nature of the music industry as a whole. So yes, HYBE/BHM has already been doing it based off the success of Dynamite/Butter. PTD's success, IMO, is mostly ARMY-related and that'll be proven when we see how it charts next week. With no radio or marketing push from the corporate side PTD should free fall pretty hard next week as streaming/buying from super hardcore ARMY eases up.

I got Memories 2020 and I usually order from Global 'cause I'm impatient, but I swear they're artificially jacking up shipping prices to encourage US folks to purchase from the US.
    Yup that's just how the industry works which sucks but it's the reality of the situation.

The weverse shop automatically took me to the global shop and when I saw that $50+ shipping price I near had a heart attack. :confuse:

I'm gonna preorder from Ktown4u when they put it so I can still get the preorder benefits since they're not including ANYTHING for the us purchases on Weverse.

I've been wondering what the Met Gala is for the longest time and at this point I'm too afraid to ask lol. I would like to see them all dressed up though. Hopefully they have a good stylist for their American appearances because the last few awards shows they have been looking hitched up and crazy.

HellaKitty

Trainee
    SUPPORTER
    Aug 13, 2020
    Fans™
    ✨50,374
    Bias
    Bang Si-hyuk
    The weverse shop automatically took me to the global shop and when I saw that $50+ shipping price I near had a heart attack. :confuse:

I'm gonna preorder from Ktown4u when they put it so I can still get the preorder benefits since they're not including ANYTHING for the us purchases on Weverse.

I've been wondering what the Met Gala is for the longest time and at this point I'm too afraid to ask lol. I would like to see them all dressed up though. Hopefully they have a good stylist for their American appearances because the last few awards shows they have been looking hitched up and crazy.

Actually, the US shop also has the pre-order bonus. It's only for album releases that they're not allowed to do those.

The Met Gala is an annual fundraiser for the costume division of the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The gala's theme mirrors whatever the next exhibit will showcase and this year's will be "American Independence" (I'm already eye rolling)—the exhibit itself will probably feature a lot of American fashion designers and stuff. Celebrities who walk the red carpet some times try to follow the theme (to varying degrees of success), but there are a lot of lazy folks that will just show up in an expensive dress/suit and call it a day (looking at you, Kim K). IF BTS is invited (they'd be stupid not to invite them) AND they show up I'm actually really interested in how Koreans will interpret that theme. Hopefully they don't just show up in head-to-toe Off-White.

All right, how are we feeling about BTS covering "I'll Be Missing You"? When that song was released I remember thinking it seemed like an obvious cash grab by Diddy over Biggie's death, so I definitely don't have any emotional attachment to it, but I'm wondering what folks on here think.

Last edited:
    Oct 5, 2020
    Fans™
    ✨50,473
    * I interrupt my hiatus to bring y'all my reaction to this *
    All right, how are we feeling about BTS covering "I'll Be Missing You"? When that song was released I remember thinking it seemed like an obvious cash grab by Diddy over Biggie's death, so I definitely don't have any emotional attachment to it, but I'm wondering what folks on here think.
    On the one hand:
    • they might do it justice.
    • since it's a 90s classic, I mentioned in a certain other thread that I've wondered on occasion what their take on a New Edition or Boyz II Men song would sound like.
    On the other hand:
    • I'm glad that Black armies, through the #respectblackarmys hashtag, are checking some non-Black armies for throwing shade at this song.
    • both the positive and critical responses from Black armies and Black non-kpop-fans are entertainment/comedy gold.
    * I now return to my irregularly scheduled hiatus already in progress (until BTS acts a plum fool during Normani's performance again at the VMAs) *

Oct 14, 2020
    Fans™
    ✨50,168
    Bias
    Hoseok, Namjoon & Yoongi
    * I interrupt my hiatus to bring y'all my reaction to this *

On the one hand:
    • they might do it justice.
    • since it's a 90s classic, I mentioned in a certain other thread that I've wondered on occasion what their take on a New Edition or Boyz II Men song would sound like.
    On the other hand:
    • I'm glad that Black armies, through the #respectblackarmys hashtag, are checking some non-Black armies for throwing shade at this song.
    • both the positive and critical responses from Black armies and Black non-kpop-fans are entertainment/comedy gold.
    * I now return to my irregularly scheduled hiatus already in progress (until BTS acts a plum fool during Normani's performance again at the VMAs) *
    We better get another video like that. That video lives rent free in my head. 😂😂

michigo

Say you love me
    founder
    Staff
    Jul 22, 2020
    Awards
    Fans™
    ✨487,949
    Bias
    J-Hooooope
    Actually, the US shop also has the pre-order bonus. It's only for album releases that they're not allowed to do those.

The Met Gala is an annual fundraiser for the costume division of the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The gala's theme mirrors whatever the next exhibit will showcase and this year's will be "American Independence" (I'm already eye rolling)—the exhibit itself will probably feature a lot of American fashion designers and stuff. Celebrities who walk the red carpet some times try to follow the theme (to varying degrees of success), but there are a lot of lazy folks that will just show up in an expensive dress/suit and call it a day (looking at you, Kim K). IF BTS is invited (they'd be stupid not to invite them) AND they show up I'm actually really interested in how Koreans will interpret that theme. Hopefully they don't just show up in head-to-toe Off-White.

I can always count on you to come through with the facts lol.

What kind of theme is American Independence??? If I don’t see people show up in powdered wigs and heeled buckle boots it won’t be worth it. If they do get I invited I can only imagine the stylist team doing too much or too little for the theme.

HYBE has been making some decisions for BTS in America that just make me go…..why? Not in bad or good way just genuinely befuddlement over the majority of their choices. This is one of them. What benefit is there covering a song from the 90s that isn’t having a current resurgence in the zeitgeist?? I’m still interested in hearing it though.

India Skyy

Trainee
    Oct 16, 2020
    Fans™
    ✨52,897
    So from I have read bts submitted butter to the grammys for roty and soty but not for group/duo

If that's true then their collab with coldplay is the song that will be submitted in that category

Bts will most likely not win for roty or soty but with coldplay winning group/duo is very likely

Hopefully silk sonic submits for that category cuz they would be serious competition

So bts/hybe knows thst it's very unlikely for them to win a Grammy just with themselves

Not only do they need british white songwriters now they need a British white rock band to collab with

It has to sting their pride(yoongi especially)to know that just them isnt good enough cuz outside of America they have never needed to collab with just for an award

However the song is in english and Korean and the clip I heard its definitely better than butter and dynamite

Last edited:
    Oct 14, 2020
    Fans™
    ✨50,168
    Bias
    Hoseok, Namjoon & Yoongi
    I don't know if anyone already mentioned it, but y'all.... What if BTS ends up on the shaderoom after performing I'll Be Missing You, this is going to end very badly. The comments are about to be ruthless af.

Oprah Winfrey GIF

Aug 2, 2020
    Fans™
    ✨51,595
    Bias
    Hobi 😍
    I don't know if anyone already mentioned it, but y'all.... What if BTS ends up on the shaderoom after performing I'll Be Missing You, this is going to end very badly. The comments are about to be ruthless af.

Oprah Winfrey GIF
    They should leave that performance for Namjoon to rap, Jungkook & Hobi to harmonize in the chorus and then they might have a chance of this not going completely south.

We'll see but I'm not confident in anything this groups comes out with these days. I'm expecting the worst and hoping for at least good
    Dissapointed GIF by memecandy

India Skyy

Trainee
    Oct 16, 2020
    Fans™
    ✨52,897
    I havent seen many vlives but hobi's vlive from the other day was really good

He was in his element and was just really chill

The dancing and the music was good and my baby looked so good
    the hair is finally growing on me

Now tomorrow is the day for the I'll Be Missing You cover so while I hope for the best I expect the worst

Aug 2, 2020
    Fans™
    ✨51,595
    Bias
    Hobi 😍
    I havent seen many vlives but hobi's vlive from the other day was really good

He was in his element and was just really chill

The dancing and the music was good and my baby looked so good
    the hair is finally growing on me

Now tomorrow is the day for the I'll Be Missing You cover so while I hope for the best I expect the worst
    He's so cuteeee!!
    E7KuirQWUAEeyfj

michigo

Say you love me
    founder
    Staff
    Jul 22, 2020
    Awards
    Fans™
    ✨487,949
    Bias
    J-Hooooope

Reaction GIF by The Weather Channel

I still don't understand.

Ofc they got Jimin singing in the up in the galaxy for no reason....it was SO distracting to have him in the background. He could have sung some of the low parts that JK/Tae were singing.

I liked the rapline verses. :giveup: