The Official NCT Thread

michigo

I learned their names/faces through the funny fanmade videos. Good for a laugh and a lesson.

Faded is such a good song. It reminds me of American music that I listen to.

The whistle is stuck in my head too. But I'm not mad. Before that it was Jessi saying Hey Dawn, what's going on?, so this is much preferred.

I need to find sometime to sit down and watch some of those fan made introduction videos. It’s just so many of them lol... I can probably name around 10 of em lol

the whistle was gone from my head until I read your post now I’m whistling again

I think that’s why I like faded so much or actually most music choices I love generally match the type of music I listen too overall.

• Like 1

[JUSTIFY] 78d4ece9bff423896f92009e82d89594fbcebcd6.gifv[/JUSTIFY]

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Misfits.

[MEDIA=instagram]CGRI3plFVTp[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=instagram]CGRDM08A_l8[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=instagram]CGH1IG9hAKm[/MEDIA]

Xiaojun looks like a member of a secret society. ?

[MEDIA=instagram]CGR1tITgfN9[/MEDIA]

• Like 1
52d43bb5ccc7a8e226d26a8b2a78b57d058fdb41r1-540-299_00.gif

Misfits.

[MEDIA=instagram]CGRI3plFVTp[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=instagram]CGRDM08A_l8[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=instagram]CGH1IG9hAKm[/MEDIA]

Xiaojun looks like a member of a secret society. ?

[MEDIA=instagram]CGR1tITgfN9[/MEDIA]

i was thinking about these Johnny pics like ... all day yesterday.

do people really not see how hot he is? it honestly kinda grates my nerves that he isn't more popular lol

• Like 1
bkqrSbh.gif

i was thinking about these Johnny pics like ... all day yesterday.

do people really not see how hot he is? it honestly kinda grates my nerves that he isn't more popular lol

I definitely think Johnny is handsome. Idk if I would go so far as saying hot, but he's handsome for sure. His face is unconventional, but its pretty.

From the outside (of 127) looking in, he comes off as one of the most popular among fans. He seems like a chill (but also goofy at times) dude.

Faded in My Last Song is my current fave. I've been listening to it on repeat. I've been blessed by its slow jam presence. ?

Earlier today I watched JRE's reaction to Make A Wish and he read a fan theory that said "What do you do when you make a wish? You blow." :creep:

And the lyrics...

"Sweet tooth, I eat all of the Skittles | I like my donuts with jam in the middle | You’re a great example of what I'm into"

"I can do this all night | Back it up, back it up"

"Sweet tooth, I know how to nibble"

:creep:

I definitely think Johnny is handsome. Idk if I would go so far as saying hot, but he's handsome for sure. His face is unconventional, but its pretty.

From the outside (of 127) looking in, he comes off as one of the most popular among fans. He seems like a chill (but also goofy at times) dude.

even if i look at at it as objectively as possible, he's super good looking. i think the girls just can't handle what he brings to the table.

popularity wise, he's probably the "he doesn't bother anyone, cool guy!" for most people. it sucks for me to say but i think he's probably in the middle-lower tier domestically. his popularity goes up tenfold in the west but even then i think he's somewhere in the upper middle.

i just want him to get the love he deserves orz

bkqrSbh.gif

So I was just watching the NCT Make A Wish stage on MCountdown, and... Shotaro's voice is deep and it kind of sounds robotic. Also Jaemin's voice is deeper than the Grand Canyon. I don't listen to Dream, so this comes as a shock to me.

I've seen that Xiaojun has been getting a lot of praise with this song and performance, and I am glad he is getting people's attention. Hopefully more people check out WayV (and NCT) cause his voice is heavenly.

So I was just watching the NCT Make A Wish stage on MCountdown, and... Shotaro's voice is deep and it kind of sounds robotic. Also Jaemin's voice is deeper than the Grand Canyon. I don't listen to Dream, so this comes as a shock to me.

I've seen that Xiaojun has been getting a lot of praise with this song and performance, and I am glad he is getting people's attention. Hopefully more people check out WayV (and NCT) cause his voice is heavenly.

I thought Shotaro’s “robotic” sound was some kind of effects that was added. Shocking if his voice really sounded like that. Jaemin’s voice main sound different because this type of song is different form the music Dream normally puts out.

Yeah, I noticed that too Xiaojun has increased in popularity and good for him, I really like him and Kun in WayV.

For me, Doyoung has shined in this comeback. I always thought his voice sounded great, but in some many songs such as lightbulb and make a wish, I can’t get enough of his voice.

• Like 1
giphy.gif

NCT World 2.0 Ep 1 with English sub.

Trusted website (to me). I have used it without issue to watch Thai dramas. The episode will still play if you have your ad blocker on.

NCT U got their first win (as that unit). I believe this is the first win for NCT The Brand. This is also the first win for Lucas, Xiaojun, Ten, Hendery, Kun, Yangyang, Sungchan, and Shotaro.

Congratulations to all 23 members. ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6QTw2RcTB0

No clue what they're saying but just know that they are happy.

[MEDIA=twitter]1318885366347149312[/MEDIA]

• Like 2

Helllooo everyone, making myself comfortable here as well

when-you-finally-sit-down-after-standing-all-day.gif

May I clarify we keep all NCT here aka OT23? So yes for WayV but no for SuperM?

On NCT: I don't really know anyone except WayV members, Taeyong, Mark, Johnny and Shotaro. And the only reason I remember Shotaro is because he's new and he creeps me out lol. These huge dark eyes remind me of a cute little boy that got bitten by Zombies ? his robotic voice in MAW doesn't help either. I can't say anything about his dancing talent because I simply ignore him on stage ?

• Like 1

Helllooo everyone, making myself comfortable here as well

when-you-finally-sit-down-after-standing-all-day.gif

May I clarify we keep all NCT here aka OT23? So yes for WayV but no for SuperM?

On NCT: I don't really know anyone except WayV members, Taeyong, Mark, Johnny and Shotaro. And the only reason I remember Shotaro is because he's new and he creeps me out lol. These huge dark eyes remind me of a cute little boy that got bitten by Zombies ? his robotic voice in MAW doesn't help either. I can't say anything about his dancing talent because I simply ignore him on stage ?

Yes. I think OT23 should stay here when they all go there separate ways next year. Regarding SuperM, we can create a thread for them. Thing is idk how long they'll last for, but I wouldn't mind having one since I was thinking about it anyways.

What is this Shotaro slander? :bish: He's adorable. I do agree that his voice sounds robotic in MAW, but his dancing is top tier. He's definitely Top 2 in NCT already. Watch these. Appreciate his skills.

• Like 2

Yes. I think OT23 should stay here when they all go there separate ways next year. Regarding SuperM, we can create a thread for them. Thing is idk how long they'll last for, but I wouldn't mind having one since I was thinking about it anyways.

What is this Shotaro slander? :bish: He's adorable. I do agree that his voice sounds robotic in MAW, but his dancing is top tier. He's definitely Top 2 in NCT already. Watch these. Appreciate his skills.

Yes for the SuperM thread please ?

on Shotaro: he scaaaaaaaares meeeee, ths is literally all I see

5a9e39a8e4b079c7c551965a.jpg?Expires=1993499820&Signature=Al6A5wP-eSDgjt4jTeDFri-SNk2TNXY63nRBZ5feNrnoTUhhmuC-9Nufx79yBQu-M6qedmI00AIMZpfcl~B0VihzWNbq2570BKOmBfbhAOpuF8zQjsvUS1~p-96LlDoRDF4LawYGPR83yhVdFoDUolkcXgn8MJdWQTtXsaUKD5s_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAJXYWFXCDTRLR3EFA

I love big dark eyes and don't mind if they look a little bit dead (see one of my all times faves who is known for his big dead fish-eyes)

YP5.jpg

11cb024d8a61e8fde537d1b990c62ee8.jpg

but the combination of a cute little boy face and those eyes gives me the creeps ?

Yes for the SuperM thread please ?

on Shotaro: he scaaaaaaaares meeeee, ths is literally all I see

5a9e39a8e4b079c7c551965a.jpg?Expires=1993499820&Signature=Al6A5wP-eSDgjt4jTeDFri-SNk2TNXY63nRBZ5feNrnoTUhhmuC-9Nufx79yBQu-M6qedmI00AIMZpfcl~B0VihzWNbq2570BKOmBfbhAOpuF8zQjsvUS1~p-96LlDoRDF4LawYGPR83yhVdFoDUolkcXgn8MJdWQTtXsaUKD5s_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAJXYWFXCDTRLR3EFA

I love big dark eyes and don't mind if they look a little bit dead (see one of my all times faves who is known for his big dead fish-eyes)

YP5.jpg

11cb024d8a61e8fde537d1b990c62ee8.jpg

but the combination of a cute little boy face and those eyes gives me the creeps ?

I have never seen that photo before. I understand why you are afraid, now. That is creepy.

If anyone's been watching NCT World 2.0.

This is gross. Those eggs are uncooked, his pan had way too much oil (I'm more of a spray person) and watching them eat it made me wanna puke. One of them was just a raw yolk and some semi cooked whites thrown onto the plate. ? I died when Lucas said "you can't do this" ??. But of course, he proceed to eat the eggs anyways.?

Obviously, a lot is going on with NCT right now in terms of cultural appropriation and colorist remarks, and maybe some other stuff that I might not be away of. Any thoughts anyone wants to share? This is a safe space.

I'll start.

Shotaro

I do not think it was appropriate for the fan to speak to Shotaro about the issues going on. The translator should have done her job and translated regardless, but I personally dont think the fan should have brought it up with him. He's new, has no authority, and can barely speak Korean and doesn't speak English so its not like he can say much to the members. I get that Yuta is there, but who knows if he would actually side with him instead of the people he's been with for a few years now and has to be in a group with. I think the fans should be speaking directly to the fluent English speaking idols because they can understand what they are saying, a lot of them have authority in the group dynamics, and some of them (i.e. Mark) are involved in some of these issues. When it comes to the cultural appropriation, I think they need to mass email SM or plan a boycott of Part 2 because the boys do not have say over the aesthetics of their comeback concept (at least I dont think they are involved).

Yangyang

What the fan said to him wasn't that bad in my opinion. It was actually pretty vague and was just asking them to take care of the fans better. She never directly mentioned any controversies. If he looks uncomfortable, that's his fault.

Mark

It is unfortunate that he is getting hate comments on VLives, but he shoulda watched his mouth. Yes, you are a popular member and all, but you cannot come after another popular member (probably more popular than him) for his skin tone when a lot of Western fans (where multiple groups you are in are trying to find success) have skin darker than his. He also needs to get a lot of rest and relaxation once Part 2 is over with. SM needs to stop pushing him, Taeyong, Lucas, and Ten so hard.

I'm not gonna speak on Taeyong because from what I've seen he didn't make any colorist comments towards Lucas, he just pointed out that the lighting on his (and whoever else was with him) side was bad/dark.

Lucas

Get's a pass because he's hot, funny, and popular. That's the truth. I fall into that trap too of not caring what he says or does at lot because he's Lucas. I will say that he's not the only one in WayV that mentions Kun's weight as a joke, and I honestly don't know how hard Kun takes the weight jokes. However, Lucas does not find it funny when people make colorist comments about his skin tone, so he needs to be mindful of Kun's feelings when he mentions his weight, if those comments bother Kun.

People Leaving the Fandom

They can do that if they want to, and I will support whatever decision they make. I can understand how the build up of these continued disregard and cruelty can make someone not interested in NCT anymore. I personally will not be leaving. I only listen to WayV. I'm only interest in NCT 2020 because of WayV. I haven't seen WayV act crazy and they don't have a long history of culturally insensitive behavior (to my knowledge).

• Like 2

Obviously, a lot is going on with NCT right now in terms of cultural appropriation and colorist remarks, and maybe some other stuff that I might not be away of. Any thoughts anyone wants to share? This is a safe space.

I'll start.

Shotaro

I do not think it was appropriate for the fan to speak to Shotaro about the issues going on. The translator should have done her job and translated regardless, but I personally dont think the fan should have brought it up with him. He's new, has no authority, and can barely speak Korean and doesn't speak English so its not like he can say much to the members. I get that Yuta is there, but who knows if he would actually side with him instead of the people he's been with for a few years now and has to be in a group with. I think the fans should be speaking directly to the fluent English speaking idols because they can understand what they are saying, a lot of them have authority in the group dynamics, and some of them (i.e. Mark) are involved in some of these issues. When it comes to the cultural appropriation, I think they need to mass email SM or plan a boycott of Part 2 because the boys do not have say over the aesthetics of their comeback concept (at least I dont think they are involved).

Yangyang

What the fan said to him wasn't that bad in my opinion. It was actually pretty vague and was just asking them to take care of the fans better. She never directly mentioned any controversies. If he looks uncomfortable, that's his fault.

Mark

It is unfortunate that he is getting hate comments on VLives, but he shoulda watched his mouth. Yes, you are a popular member and all, but you cannot come after another popular member (probably more popular than him) for his skin tone when a lot of Western fans (where multiple groups you are in are trying to find success) have skin darker than his. He also needs to get a lot of rest and relaxation once Part 2 is over with. SM needs to stop pushing him, Taeyong, Lucas, and Ten so hard.

I'm not gonna speak on Taeyong because from what I've seen he didn't make any colorist comments towards Lucas, he just pointed out that the lighting on his (and whoever else was with him) side was bad/dark.

Lucas

Get's a pass because he's hot, funny, and popular. That's the truth. I fall into that trap too of not caring what he says or does at lot because he's Lucas. I will say that he's not the only one in WayV that mentions Kun's weight as a joke, and I honestly don't know how hard Kun takes the weight jokes. However, Lucas does not find it funny when people make colorist comments about his skin tone, so he needs to be mindful of Kun's feelings when he mentions his weight, if those comments bother Kun.

People Leaving the Fandom

They can do that if they want to, and I will support whatever decision they make. I can understand how the build up of these continued disregard and cruelty can make someone not interested in NCT anymore. I personally will not be leaving. I only listen to WayV. I'm only interest in NCT 2020 because of WayV. I haven't seen WayV act crazy and they don't have a long history of culturally insensitive behavior (to my knowledge).

I don’t know sis, about this being a safe place, I’m not sure which fonts are here from the alley ?, but I’ll share my opinion. It is sort of long.

One thing that never leaves my mind is the fact, that we don’t know these people or what runs through their minds, full extent to what conditions or obligations they have. But this is no excuse for problematic behavior. Being a better person means realizing how your words, actions may affect or cause a scenario. Therefore, I don’t really take a side of fans who want to support or cancel. I am not educated on all these people’s faults or history. When I come across it I store it in my mind. Even the ones who appear squeaky clean can be sinister. When I listen to music, I focus on the music and these issues happen in many genres and industries all over the world. I listen to music from all over the world and in different languages. In this space, I don’t think it will make sense to speak about the French music sense, or in the Latin music scene, but I see similar controversy, in some of the other kinds of music I listen to. Even the American music scene.

I recognize that the “artist” or performer is an extension to these controversies, but it is beyond a problem with the artists, it is an issue with the industry. And the conditioning that goes on in the minds of the performers and the consumers. This is not an excuse for such behavior. I think it should be held accountable and people should be upset and feel anyway they want to feel. I’m all for the ones that are upset. There feelings are obviously valid. Frankly, it makes me sick too. I could boycott and not listen to music for any industry that has this, but I wouldn’t be listening to much music and I like performers from these industries, the ones that have not been blasted for these behaviors could be terrible people.

I don’t see the benefit of compartmentalizing it. If there is support for a performer in a group, then there is support them in a way. It is okay to be tired of it and angry. It is unjust. It is okay to be skeptical because something doesn’t feel, sound, or look right. I think supporting diversity and equality just as loudly as those who do things like this to destroy it is important. When it is seen (diversity and equality) try to be opened minded or support it. But I also think that fueling the same industry with money in significant ways such as buying albums, merch, light sticks, postcards, or mass streaming when you are unsure is not the best choice. Though people have the right to do this and enjoy the music the way they want. It is a complicated issue; feelings don’t always match up with actions, but I think it is important to know where your feelings are at.

It is quite skeptical for me too see someone who talks down on a group, and hate it if others don’t, but then later be the fan that lifts them up and becomes defensive about them or their “talent” and expect others to love them. Let others have their own opinions with less judgment. If you recognize a fault of a performer or artist, remember it and continue to remind yourself of it to avoid your own self-delusion. That my opinion, it shouldn’t be a thing about what others are doing, and “policing” others. Put the energy in making sure that history of problematic behavior still circulates around, which is a form of educating and let the fans be upset about it if they want to be upset about it. Screw those who claim you should let it go. Or put the energy, in the groups you actually enjoy, and feel are not or less problematic. I guess I am saying hold accountability, but *not* extremity or authoritarian views and behavior over others.

Lastly, it is the consumer’s responsibility to see what part they play in their supporting, or non-supporting and recognize what their actions cause and what power they actually hold, what they do with that is their wish.

*Grammar*

• Like 2
giphy.gif

I don’t know sis, about this being a safe place, I’m not sure which fonts are here from the alley ?, but I’ll share my opinion. It is sort of long.

One thing that never leaves my mind is the fact, that we don’t know these people or what runs through their minds, full extent to what conditions or obligations they have. But this is no excuse for problematic behavior. Being a better person means realizing how your words, actions may affect or cause a scenario. Therefore, I don’t really take a side of fans who want to support or cancel. I am not educated on all these people’s faults or history. When I come across it I store it in my mind. Even the ones who appear squeaky clean can be sinister. When I listen to music, I focus on the music and these issues happen in many genres and industries all over the world. I listen to music from all over the world and in different languages. In this space, I don’t think it will make sense to speak about the French music sense, or in the Latin music scene, but I see similar controversy, in some of the other kinds of music I listen to. Even the American music scene.

I recognize that the “artist” or performer is an extension to these controversies, but it is beyond a problem with the artists, it is an issue with the industry. And the conditioning that goes on in the minds of the performers and the consumers. This is not an excuse for such behavior. I think it should be held accountable and people should be upset and feel anyway they want to feel. I’m all for the ones that are upset. There feelings are obviously valid. Frankly, it makes me sick too. I could boycott and not listen to music for any industry that has this, but I wouldn’t be listening to much music and I like performers from these industries, the ones that have not been blasted for these behaviors could be terrible people.

I don’t see the benefit of compartmentalizing it. If there is support for a performer in a group, then there is support them in a way. It is okay to be tired of it and angry. It is unjust. It is okay to be skeptical because something doesn’t feel, sound, or look right. I think supporting diversity and equality just as loudly as those who do things like this to destroy it is important. When it is seen try to be opened minded or support it. But I also think that fueling the same industry with money in significant ways such as buying albums, merch, light sticks, postcards, or mass streaming when you are unsure is not the best choice. Though people have the right to do this and enjoy the music the way they want. It is a complicated issue; feelings don’t always match up with actions, but I think it is important to know where your feelings are at.

It is quite skeptical for me too see someone who talks down on a group, and hate it if others don’t, but then later be the fan that lifts them up and becomes defensive about them or their “talent” and expect others to love them. Let others have their own opinions with less judgment. If you recognize a fault of a performer or artist, remember it and continue to remind yourself of it to avoid your own self-delusion. That my opinion, it shouldn’t be a thing about what others are doing, and “policing” others. Put the energy in making sure that history of problematic behavior still circulates around, which is a form of educating and let the fans be upset about it if they want to be upset about it. Screw those who claim you should let it go. Or put the energy, in the groups you actually enjoy, and feel are not problematic. I guess I am saying hold accountability, but extremity or authoritarian views and behavior over others.

Lastly, it is the consumer’s responsibility to see what part they play in their supporting, or non-supporting and recognize what their actions cause and what power they actually hold, what they do with that is their wish.

Hi, this is my first time posting in here. ☺️

I completely agree with everything you typed, even in a general sense. ❤️

What you typed is how I’ve been feeling lately.

Hi, this is my first time posting in here. ☺️

I completely agree with everything you typed, even in a general sense. ❤️

What you typed is how I’ve been feeling lately.

I'm glad someone feels similar. Thanks for posting. I honestly wasn't sure if I wrote that clear enough, where I got to my point, so it is nice to know someone gets what I'm trying to say. ♥️

giphy.gif

I'm glad someone feels similar. Thanks for posting. I honestly wasn't sure if I wrote that clear enough, where I got to my point, so it is nice to know someone gets what I'm trying to say. ♥️

Yes, I think it was pretty clear. ❤️

You wrote way better than I could’ve lol. I need to improve my English writing skills. I can speak better than I can type/write.

Yes, I think it was pretty clear. ❤️

You wrote way better than I could’ve lol. I need to improve my English writing skills. I can speak better than I can type/write.

As someone who communicates in multiple languages, I can completely relate. I literally loose my train of thought sometimes depending on which language use. I wouldn't consider myself fluent in any of them. ? You seem to type just fine from what I can see. ?

giphy.gif

As someone who communicates in multiple languages, I can completely relate. I literally loose my train of thought sometimes depending on which language use. I wouldn't consider myself fluent in any of them. ? You seem to type just fine from what I can see. ?

Thank you. ? I want to learn a few other languages. I only know a few words in some.

❤️