General Groups Discussion Thread

michigo

The last comeback was April 20th and they only promoted for barely 2 weeks.

Jackson finally went back to Korea last week the day after his Street Dance China 3 show that he was on finally ended. And Bam Bam was in some interview the other day saying be patient they have some things they have worked on and coming.

I know some ahgahes at thinking comeback news will come out in the next week or so.

I hope they give more preorder time as well. Last time it was only a few days of preorder before the comeback.

In April and they promoted for less than 2 weeks. A lot has happened in 2020, so it feels like a while ago. Plus, other JYP groups have came back multiple times this year so far, so it feels like they have had even less promotion.

GOT7 used to be JYPe's golden goose I wonder what happened. They were looking over/out of it during the Turbulence era so I can only imagine how tired they are now.

I wonder how much money Twice makes in comparison to them, did JYPe debut another boy group recently?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOT7 used to be JYPe's golden goose I wonder what happened. They were looking over/out of it during the Turbulence era so I can only imagine how tired they are now.

I wonder how much money Twice makes in comparison to them, did JYPe debut another boy group recently?

JYP always does this... he sabotages he’s groups and moves on to his next “shiny” project.

GOT7 are still the ones keeping the lights on in that whole building. They could also be making so much more and be even bigger if they were treated and handled better. That’s why ifans sent that truck a few months ago. They aren’t properly promoted... most of the ads.. billboards etc were paid for by fan pools not JYPe...... they don’t sell the albums on Amazon... and JYPe doesn’t put the boys on any of the shows... fans write those shows and request GOT7 and then the shows reach out to JYPe.

JYP is always Turing down the music the boys write and produce saying that it’s “not their color” although the Bsides written by them tend to be better than the main song. Look at the last album... Not by the moon was ok and I liked it. But Aura written by Youngjae .. Crazy by JB... Yugy had a hand in composing Poison yet JYP needed his name to be the one on the title track.

Lord now I’m ranting..... let me get this soapbox lmao

• Like 2

[JUSTIFY] 78d4ece9bff423896f92009e82d89594fbcebcd6.gifv[/JUSTIFY]

If I was Got7, I would be over it too. JYPE has been sabotaging their success for too darn long.

Here's a pic of Gaon physical album sales from the 1st half of 2020. Obviously not everything included, but gives you somewhat of an idea.

1594271709-0004.jpg

JYPE debuted BoyStory in 2017. Too Busy w/ Jackson is a bop.

They've only released a single since January (when their 2nd mini-album dropped), so they're also mismanaging them.

Speaking of kids... He also debuted Straykids. Idk much about how they're being managed, but it seems to be well on the surface.

• Like 1
52d43bb5ccc7a8e226d26a8b2a78b57d058fdb41r1-540-299_00.gif

JYP always does this... he sabotages he’s groups and moves on to his next “shiny” project.

GOT7 are still the ones keeping the lights on in that whole building. They could also be making so much more and be even bigger if they were treated and handled better. That’s why ifans sent that truck a few months ago. They aren’t properly promoted... most of the ads.. billboards etc were paid for by fan pools not JYPe...... they don’t sell the albums on Amazon... and JYPe doesn’t put the boys on any of the shows... fans write those shows and request GOT7 and then the shows reach out to JYPe.

JYP is always Turing down the music the boys write and produce saying that it’s “not their color” although the Bsides written by them tend to be better than the main song. Look at the last album... Not by the moon was ok and I liked it. But Aura written by Youngjae .. Crazy by JB... Yugy had a hand in composing Poison yet JYP needed his name to be the one on the title track.

Lord now I’m ranting..... let me get this soapbox lmao

GOT7's music was one of the reasons I stopped listening to them in past so if what they were releasing before is the colour JYPe envisions for them maybe they need to pick up a new palette.

JYP has the capability to make an earworm of a song but his ego very obviously keeps him from giving the reigns to more capable producers.

JYPE debuted BoyStory in 2017. Too Busy w/ Jackson is a bop.

They've only released a single since January (when their 2nd mini-album dropped), so they're also mismanaging them.

Speaking of kids... He also debuted Straykids. Idk much about how they're being managed, but it seems to be well on the surface.

alt=Oh My God Omg GIFhttps://media3.giphy.com/media/bGPTxLislwm3u/200.gif[/img]

THOSE ARE BABIES. lmaoooo maybe they're not as young as they look but omg they look like literal children.

I had no idea who stray kids were until LSA started fighting about them and I had no idea they were signed to jype lolol.

• Like 2

GOT7's music was one of the reasons I stopped listening to them in past so if what they were releasing before is the colour JYPe envisions for them maybe they need to pick up a new palette.

JYP has the capability to make an earworm of a song but his ego very obviously keeps him from giving the reigns to more capable producers.

THOSE ARE BABIES. lmaoooo maybe they're not as young as they look but omg they look like literal children.

I had no idea who stray kids were until LSA started fighting about them and I had no idea they were signed to jype lolol.

yea JYPs will not let him let them have better/more control over their color or music. Most of GOT7s best songs were written/composed by them. JB and Youngjae are really good at writing and composing.. even Yugy is decent at composing. It sucks that they aren’t given more creative freedom especially since they are not a rookie group. I’m curious to see how this next comeback goes and if the boys renew their contracts

• Like 1

[JUSTIFY] 78d4ece9bff423896f92009e82d89594fbcebcd6.gifv[/JUSTIFY]

Idk how young you think they look, but the oldest was born in... 2004 and the youngest in 2007.

This is how I feel listening to their music. alt=old woman yes GIFhttps://media4.giphy.com/media/1ytmFDosBYMs8/200.gif[/img]

ETA: That mv is also a year old. Here is the mv for the single they released over the summer.

I haven't been as excited and in love with a Kpop song and music video since Luna's Free Somebody

giphy.gif

• Like 2

I haven't been as excited and in love with a Kpop song and music video since Luna's Free Somebody

giphy.gif

I LOVE her voice so much. So smooth effortless.

Rania BS (??) released their debut today. It’s cute, nice that they allowed the foreigners to be in the video and dance the whole time.

idk if I’ll be checking them out on a consistent basis though.

• Like 3

Rania BS (??) released their debut today. It’s cute, nice that they allowed the foreigners to be in the video and dance the whole time.

The song isn't bad. In fact, I think its better than (or at least on par with) a lot of recent girl group releases. The instrumental backing is great and the pre-chorus and chorus are solid too.

However, them having Fatou(?) rap in English instead of Korean really ruined the vibe for me. The rest of the song is in Korean (except for the occasional word here and there like most kpop songs). Why can't they just have her mainly rap in Korean?

I'm glad that they are integrating the foreigners more. They look good in the group dance.

• Like 3

I LOVE her voice so much. So smooth effortless.

Yass Suhyun's voice is everything.

I actually like Black Swan's song. Hopefully their company and the group learned their lesson from the Alex fiasco.

• Like 2

The song isn't bad. In fact, I think its better than (or at least on par with) a lot of recent girl group releases. The instrumental backing is great and the pre-chorus and chorus are solid too.

However, them having Fatou(?) rap in English instead of Korean really ruined the vibe for me. The rest of the song is in Korean (except for the occasional word here and there like most kpop songs). Why can't they just have her mainly rap in Korean?

I'm glad that they are integrating the foreigners more. They look good in the group dance.

I liked the little adlibs she did under the verses but her rap really took me out of the song for a sec, almost like it didn't really fit in with everything else? Or they weren't 100% sure on how to make it mesh with the rest of the song.

I don't know if the Brazilian girl speaks Korean fluently but I did notice that they made her look as seamless as possible and had her signing in Korean while Fatou was designated to the English rap. I hope they have some success with this comeback, it's one thing to have the MV but some music shows aren't exactly friendly with allowing foreigners to perform of their stages.

They all looked beautiful, so that's a plus. I can't count on DR. Music to not royally mess this up tho. They really had something with Alex(cringey as she may be she was talented and charismatic) if they had half a brain while managing Rania BP they might have been somewhere today.

• Like 1

I just noticed Fatou is wearing contacts and they're making her eyes look WILD. :lushook:

I gave this video a watch because I want them to have some modicum of success no matter how ill advised I think this is lol.

I just noticed Fatou is wearing contacts and they're making her eyes look WILD. :lushook:

I gave this video a watch because I want them to have some modicum of success no matter how ill advised I think this is lol.

It's sad. Their really just can't let her or any idol be with their natural eye color. Idols very rarely pull it off, but idk maybe the Koreans somehow think it looks good.

• Donor

The bottoms with those white outfits are giving me diaper vibes in a bad way. Fatou is/was a model, right? She has great presence, it's wild seeing her figure next to the Korean members—really shows you how tiny some of these girls are because you know Fatou is hella slim herself.

It seems like this group is just doomed to fail based off their history and management, I'm surprised they keep trying.

Yeonjun was singing some of lyrics to this song ("Swings, Giriboy, Paloalto, Code Kunst, halt you villains") on an episode of To Do X TXT (which was filmed in May of this year).

Anyways, I looked it up on Youtube, and it came out in 2018 but seems to have gotten popular in Korea this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=D3ZFtSoWtRc;list=PL_oZxUb--h9cMbn_a4LaExi5M8MjvnIIl;t=0

Mommy Son says "Do you know what it feels like to be stuck in a fire pit, with a mask on, in burning summer?" And I guess due to this pandemic, Koreans finally know what it feels like.

I got recommended this video on YouTube and its Chanwoo from iKon.

He's got over 600k subscribers (and I honestly dont know how big iKon's fandom is, but I dont believe they've ever sold over 200k for an album). The fact that he might be more known as a YouTube than an idol is sad, considering that iKon was huge during their rookie years, had a national hit 2 years ago, and are from YG. I wonder how they would be if YG didn't ship them off to Japan so soon and for so long.

I got recommended this video on YouTube and its Chanwoo from iKon.

He's got over 600k subscribers (and I honestly dont know how big iKon's fandom is, but I dont believe they've ever sold over 200k for an album). The fact that he might be more known as a YouTube than an idol is sad, considering that iKon was huge during their rookie years, had a national hit 2 years ago, and are from YG. I wonder how they would be if YG didn't ship them off to Japan so soon and for so long.

I literally thought iKon fell off the face of the earth. They could have been big if YG didn’t sabotage their groups.

• Like 1

I literally thought iKon fell off the face of the earth. They could have been big if YG didn’t sabotage their groups.

I honestly have no clue what YG was thinking with them. iKon was huge at their debut. They became the 2nd boy group to get rookie grand slam (after Shinee, later Wanna One and TXT; basically, its very rare). Then after a while it just became wait a year, release a Korean album, have basically no promotions, and then go back to Japan. Idk how they are doing in Japan, and maybe this is setting them up for TVXQ future touring ability, but they are for sure wasted potential in Korea. Love Scenario was a national hit, but still it became back to Japan. Very sad to see.

I still personally believe that Double B should have just remained a duo or at most a four person group (with Jinhwan and Junhoe cause the other three were useless/underused in most of their songs).

• Like 1

I honestly have no clue what YG was thinking with them. iKon was huge at their debut. They became the 2nd boy group to get rookie grand slam (after Shinee, later Wanna One and TXT; basically, its very rare). Then after a while it just became wait a year, release a Korean album, have basically no promotions, and then go back to Japan. Idk how they are doing in Japan, and maybe this is setting them up for TVXQ future touring ability, but they are for sure wasted potential in Korea. Love Scenario was a national hit, but still it became back to Japan. Very sad to see.

I still personally believe that Double B should have just remained a duo or at most a four person group (with Jinhwan and Junhoe cause the other three were useless/underused in most of their songs).

Have they been promoting in Japan this whole time? I thought YG was keeping them in the dungeon since Rhythm Ta.

Honestly I didn’t know any of them besides Bobby and the one with the big lips(???) I may be thinking of someone else tho ?.

• Like 1

• Donor

I-......

[MEDIA=twitter]1320143969062453249[/MEDIA]

This is horrific lmaoo.

I wonder if this is for Halloween or if this will be the concept for the group.

My first thought was that all these dudes were super talented and possibly super ugly. But I'm really hoping they're going for shock value only to reveal that the entire group is a visual line. Either way, I guess it's working because now I'm intrigued?

• Like 1

My first thought was that all these dudes were super talented and possibly super ugly. But I'm really hoping they're going for shock value only to reveal that the entire group is a visual line. Either way, I guess it's working because now I'm intrigued?

They better come through with something because right now their company has them out here looking dumb stupid. ?

width=573pxhttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/ElGn2NwUcAI4fIq?format=jpg&name=large[/img]

Have they been promoting in Japan this whole time? I thought YG was keeping them in the dungeon since Rhythm Ta.

Honestly I didn’t know any of them besides Bobby and the one with the big lips(???) I may be thinking of someone else tho ?.

Yeah, they've been releasing a single song a year in Korea. Besides that, they've mainly been touring in Japan. I'm sure the members are near fluent in Japanese with how much time they spend there.

Junhoe? He's the only one I can think of.

0c1b13a0959a1f0eac86000c78a093a9ada6a832_00.gif

• Like 1