GN's END OF THE YEAR SONG RATE [2020 EDITION]

sailorbabe

What's your timezone?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What's your timezone?

p8JFZcc.png

Hello everyone!

[JUSTIFY]We are finally in the last month of this (satanic) year and I thought we should wrap things up by doing a song rate! this year has been very long and despite covid-19 the kpop industry didn't halted their productions one bit which means we still got plenty of music to love and hate.

Golden Noona opened its doors 5 months ago! and as the community keeps growing it's important for all of us to keep it interactive and a fun place to be, hence why now that we are at end of the year I thought we could share and highlight the music we enjoyed this year and also share our opinions with one another. To make things more fun and have more people participating I'm also posting this event in the ACDG discord server, for those who don't know about the ACDG group its basically a server that spawned from the LSA asian threads a few years back and some members are even part of this forum already, since the communities kinda overlap and we both discuss asian entertainment I thought it will be nice to join together for this event, the more the merrier! So today I present to you with GN's first song rate.[/JUSTIFY]

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

• [JUSTIFY]Make a TOP5 of your favorite Kpop songs this year (Can include Jpop, Cpop and other asian music)[/JUSTIFY]
  • [JUSTIFY]Send your TOP5 to me, sailorbabe via PMs or if you from Discord at strap queen#4878[/JUSTIFY]
  • [JUSTIFY]The deadline for submitting your TOP5 will be December 12th (with an extension to early December 13th)[/JUSTIFY]
  • [JUSTIFY]The official list for the rate with all of your submissions will be posted on December 13th[/JUSTIFY]
  • [JUSTIFY]After the official list goes up you will have until December 24th to listen and rate the song list[/JUSTIFY]
  • [JUSTIFY]The deadline for sending the rate ballots will be extended until December 26th[/JUSTIFY]
  • [JUSTIFY]Finally between December 28th and December 30th the result of the rate will be posted![/JUSTIFY]

RULES

• [JUSTIFY]The songs can be title tracks or b sides, it doesn't matter.[/JUSTIFY]
  • [JUSTIFY]TOP5 has to be from 5 different artists/groups (ie you can't put 2 songs by Itzy in your list)[/JUSTIFY]
  • [JUSTIFY]The listed songs have to be from this year (January 1st to December 10th at most)[/JUSTIFY]
  • [JUSTIFY]You have to rate every song with a score of 1-10 pts[/JUSTIFY]
  • [JUSTIFY]Commentary on each song isn't required but it's highly encouraged since sharing our opinions is what makes the rates fun[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]I want to thank @michigo our dear founder for allowing me to host this rate! and also for making me the Events team lead and supporting my event ideas. I really appreciate it <3

Also as a last thing, can you guys vote in the poll with your timezone? It will be super helpful to know which timezone most of the members are working with to figure out which is the best time for events to take place.

Anyways that's all, hope you guys like the idea and participate. If any of you have any questions let me know![/JUSTIFY]

847b120483f9dd81948e1d987a96ecac56fdc0a8_hq.gif

• Like 3
95fda5a916de11e7299b78cf4ba2ccb299d86422.gifv

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what? Dynamite doesnt win automatically - I thought we were all deluulus here.

Just kidding,

It will be between Kai and Taemin for the win, but do I even stan enough people? I guess if you add groups and solo artists I can come up with 5. You made it hard for us, not allowing more than one submission from a person or group though. I will review their submissions for the golden noona academy of great kpop recording artists and then vote.

• Like 2

I tend to avoid these especially since I don't know any kpop songs from this year but to support the growth of the board via participation I'll do it.

ETA: I forgot I that I do know Alien. A mess.

• Like 1

• Donor

[JUSTIFY]

Also as a last thing, can you guys vote in the poll with your timezone? It will be super helpful to know which timezone most of the members are working with to figure out which is the best time for events to take place.

Anyways that's all, hope you guys like the idea and participate. If any of you have any questions let me know![/JUSTIFY]

I don’t know if I can come up with 5 but i will give it a shot... also my timezone is not listed...CST.

• Like 1

You can tell from my everyday fits I ain’t rich, so cease and desist with those tricks...

The answer is D, all of the above..

alt=Prince Dancing GIFhttps://media3.giphy.com/media/s33IE5ZiQfha8/200.gif[/img]

Well I freely admit I have crap taste generally so you can all sit and laugh at that, I don't mind lol

I've got my top song ready but will have to sit and have a think about the others (not to mention look up their release dates!). Also I'm on GMT but that's not currently on the list!

• Like 1

I suppose the best way for me to start revving up my activity on this lovely site is by exposing my music tastes. ?? I am a lover of trashy upbeat pop music and I am proud. ?

I look forward to y'all dragging my list. ?

width="427px" alt="GIF HYOLYN (효린) ♡ — HYOLYN (효린) “달리 (Dally)” (ft. GRAY (그레이)) MV (2018) (4/6) || GIF by dazzlingkai (한 소년. 천의 감정.) on … | Wonder girls members, Kpop girls, Sistar"]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/60/28/33/6028334b9b300adf7ed8ac3dfa47a068.gif[/img]width="429px" alt="GIF HYOLYN (효린) ♡ — HYOLYN (효린) “달리 (Dally)” (ft. GRAY (그레이)) MV (2018) (3/5) || GIF by dazzlingkai (한 소년. 천의 감정.) on Tumblr. ↑↑… | Sistar, Kpop girls, Korean pop"]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2c/e7/da/2ce7da63ed3f7fcc2181700836e42940.gif[/img]

• 2 weeks later...

[uSERGROUP=2]@Members[/uSERGROUP] The period to submit your TOP5 has ended! Here's the official playlist for the rate

[MEDIA=spotify]playlist/3Yab3SiNpgIzJy6CoDxDRG[/MEDIA]

Remember the rules!

• You have to rate every song with a score of 1-10 pts
  • Commentary on each song isn't required but it's highly encouraged since sharing our opinions is what makes the rates fun
  • You have until December 24th to listen and rate the songs in the playlist
  • The deadline for sending the rate ballots will be extended until December 26th

Finally between December 28th and December 30th the results of the rate will be posted!

Ps. If someone doesn't have access to Spotify just let me know and I will create a youtube playlist as well. Happy listening!

• Like 5

[uSERGROUP=2]@Members[/uSERGROUP] The period to submit your TOP5 has ended! Here's the official playlist for the rate

Remember the rules!

• Commentary on each song isn't required but it's highly encouraged since sharing our opinions is what makes the rates fun
  • The deadline for sending the rate ballots will be extended until December 26th

Finally between December 28th and December 30th the results of the rate will be posted!

Ps. If someone doesn't have access to Spotify just let me know and I will create a youtube playlist as well. Happy listening!

Ok, wait, there are 75 songs, is there a way to wade through them/ prevote ?

Ok, wait, there are 75 songs, is there a way to wade through them/ prevote ?

No, the point is to listen to all and rate them. If its too long you can skip this part and just wait for the results and comments at the end though!

• Donor

Ok, I think I figured it out as an Apple Music person ? ...whooo 75 songs is a LIST but I am looking forward to finding some bops!

I’ll go through these 10 at a time but I’m already seeing some questionable choices.....please look forward to my ratings with love.

:mem0013:

Let Dynamite be great...I'm claiming her now?

alt=bruno mars GIFhttps://media1.giphy.com/media/P2MB29d7V3rhu/200.gif[/img]

You can tell from my everyday fits I ain’t rich, so cease and desist with those tricks...

alt=Prince Dancing GIFhttps://media3.giphy.com/media/s33IE5ZiQfha8/200.gif[/img]

• Donor

Remember the rules!

Ok help me with the rating part. We are to rate each song1-10 and commentary is optional . Do we send the rating/commentary to you or post it here and can we do it in pieces (say 10/20 at a time ) or do they all have to be at once? I have already started and found a couple of artists I had never heard of. Thank you!

• Like 2

I just listened to the first 20 and chile I'm TIDE. Do I really HAVE to rate the BTS songs because I'm not trying to get doxxed over a damn song rate? I feel like you should be able to opt out on that one at least.

Ok help me with the rating part. We are to rate each song1-10 and commentary is optional . Do we send the rating/commentary to you or post it here and can we do it in pieces (say 10/20 at a time ) or do they all have to be at once? I have already started and found a couple of artists I had never heard of. Thank you!

You send them to me! every rating and comment for every song will get posted at the end after i organize the commentary and count the ratings. Yes you can send them in parts if its easier for you.

I just listened to the first 20 and chile I'm TIDE. Do I really HAVE to rate the BTS songs because I'm not trying to get doxxed over a damn song rate? I feel like you should be able to opt out on that one at least.

If you don't feel comfortable rating a song then that song gets an automatic 1 and your rating won't be displayed for others to see. I just need the rating for the final score.

• Like 3

• Donor

You send them to me! every rating and comment for every song will get posted at the end after i organize the commentary and count the ratings. Yes you can send them in parts if its easier for you.

Got it, thank you! Bless you for taking it in pieces.?

• Like 1

My comments/thoughts on songs are starting to look like this after listening to 40 songs already

tenor.gif?itemid=9489259

I've already added 3 new songs from there on my personal playlists so thanks for some of the good music recs everyone!

I'm being nice....I think. I did the first 20 and just fell the hell off. I'm going to listen up to 50 and then do the finally 25 tomorrow and submit my comments and ratings.