The J-Rock/Visual Kei Thread

DamagedLady

Post news, updates, livestreams, etc about your favorite Japanese rock bands.

Here's a starter: Buck-Tick will be streaming a concert on 8/5!

I've got my reminder on for this.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am so confused about where to post things related to vkei band guys who go on to do projects that aren't really vkei since their fanbase is still mostly vkei fans ?

But I had read a while back that Takeru from SuG has a solo project called Sleepyhead and while SuG wasn't my cup of tea they did have a song or two I bopped to and I found Takeru adorable so today I check out Sleepyhead and this song is now stuck in my head

Sidenote those pictures of Takeru, Imani, and Hiroto (Alice Nine) makes sense to me now. I was wondering why in the world they were at the same event but now I know she featured on one of his songs.

I've been living for these musicians at home playing videos. The drummers have been going off especially. [MEDIA=instagram]CFo6oaajJrG[/MEDIA]

• 2 weeks later...

Satoshi's guitar is cool. My faves have been keeping these watch me play videos coming (particularly the drummers, they have been going the hardest).

I like what I'm hearing in this teaser. I'm tempted to check for a pre order but I should stick to buying it digital because my CD Japan cart has my wallet in a chokehold already.

• Like 1

I like what I'm hearing in this teaser. I'm tempted to check for a pre order but I should stick to buying it digital because my CD Japan cart has my wallet in a chokehold already.

I don't think I've ever seriously listened to them, but this song is nice.

• Like 1

I don't think I've ever seriously listened to them, but this song is nice.

Me either. I always see people mentioning them which is what made me check out the teaser.

Nocturnal Bloodlust has dropped a teaser and finally revealed their two new guitarists.

KEN2tf7.jpeg

NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST

Vo. Hiro Gt.Valtz Gt.Yu-taro Ba.Masa Dr.Natsu

Full statement:

At the end of May, 2020, NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST finally made their comeback.

Since June, they have presented “the brand-new NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST” through their 3 consecutive single releases: “Life is Once”, “ONLY HUMAN” and “Reviver”. Finally, they have unveiled their mysterious new guitarists. This time, they welcomed the two new guitarists, Valtz and Yu-taro. At the same time, they also revealed their artist profile pictures with these new members. The two are skilled guitarists who have subtle yet technical aspects in their dynamic guitar works. The expectations for the future of NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST with their strong positive attitude, gets higher.

As the expectation towards their new songs gets higher, they announced that the mini album “The Wasteland” which everyone is looking forward, will be released on Dec 16, 2020.

The mini album contains a total of 6 new songs which are written by all members, although the 3 songs from the singles released so far are not included in this work.

With these new members, there is no doubt that this album will be a work in which you can fully enjoy the charm of the brand-new NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST who have made their breakthrough.

Moreover, they also announced that the band's very first online concert will be held in mid-December.

And declared that the concert with audience will be held in February, 2021.

Details will be announced at a later date. Please stay tuned.

NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST, who has overcome various hardships and has strengthened both physically and mentally, is finally back.

Don't miss out.

New Album “The Wasteland” Releasing on Dec 16,2020 (Wed)

■First Press Limited Edition (Digipak)

All 6 Songs Included

DCCA-76 ¥2,500 (Tax included)

■Standard Edition

All 6 Songs Included

DCCA-77 ¥2,500 (Tax included)

The online concert will be held in mid-December 2020, and the concert with audience will be held in February 2021.

Details will be announced later on the official website.

Source

Some of my favorite bands are posting videos of their performances at Blare Fest (Coldrain's music festival).

I just found out Crossfaith's British merch site ships world wide. I'm gonna get it no Vaseline by the conversion rate but

giphy.gif

See I didn't think anything of the solo stuff Survive Said the Prophet members were working on but now I'm like "omg are they about to disband????"

[MEDIA=instagram]CGsCmprD4Kl[/MEDIA]

OMG, I got this story from @DamagedLady

[HEADING=1]Family cheated out of 54 million yen by man impersonating Japanese rock star for three years[/HEADING]

width=582pxhttps://soranews24.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2020/10/top-4.jpg[/img]

Suspect also convinced his own mother he was the Dir En Grey frontman for 10 years.

In the annals of Japanese music Dir En Grey is often identified as just another visual kei band, but really they’re something of a musical anomaly with a rather amorphic style. Despite being such an avant-garde band they’re also amazingly successful with legions of fans in Japan and around the world.

This is thanks in no small part to their vocalist Kyo, who has a remarkable range both in terms of pitch and sounds.

Granted, it’s an acquired taste, but even if you’re not planning to play their greatest hits at your next box social, you have to respect Kyo’s vocal chops. However, as much as I like the guy, if my daughter came home one day with him on her arm, I’m not sure I’d be thrilled about it. Moreover, I’d sure as hell not hand him 54 million yen (US$516,000).

I might be alone there, however, because that’s just what a 61-year-old father in Oji, Nara Prefecture did over the course of nearly three years after Kyo and his daughter started living together. To make matters worse, this “Kyo” wasn’t even a Kyo, but actually Yoshikazu Kasahara, a 39-year-old unemployed man of questionable vocal ability.

Kasahara convinced the woman who was to become his common-law wife and her parents that he was the Dir En Grey frontman using a neck tattoo that was similar the one the real Kyo has. Then, from October of 2017 he began convincing his father-in-law to give him money using made-up stories such as being ripped off of all his money by his band’s manager.

While such a scandal probably would have made the news, the father took the fake Kyo at his word and neck tattoo, and began giving him money. After a while, the dad’s savings were tapped and he cancelled his life insurance policy to keep handing money over to the seemingly hapless rocker.

It’s unclear what finally blew Kasahara’s cover, but in the same span of time Kyo and the rest of the real Dir En Grey wrapped up a national tour, went on two world tours, released a single, a full length album, a greatest hits album, a live Blu-ray, two books, contributed to numerous compilations, made twelve national TV performances, and many more interviews in print and video. One of those things might have tipped someone off.

This was Kasahara’s third arrest (the other two being related to an assault charge and defrauding a former girlfriend’s father). While in custody he reportedly came clean, telling police: “I am not a rock star, so there is no manager. Until now, I’ve been lying to get money any way I could and I cannot repay it. But, I’m really surprised at the amount.”

If all this hasn’t been weird enough, the investigation also revealed that Kasahara began posing as Kyo to his own mother, from whom he lives apart, for the past 10 years. He used some of his ill-gotten money to buy her Dir En Grey concert tickets so she could watch “her son” perform.

“I was embarrassed to tell her I was unemployed and pretended to be a member,” he told the authorities along with how he began tattooing himself on his neck and arms like Kyo to play into the ruse and how he’s “been a big fan of theirs since high school.”

It’s a pretty unbelievable crime in almost every regard, so that confession of “surprise” at how much he’d cheated his latest victim out of was probably the most honest thing Kasahara’s said in a long time. Readers of the news also reveled in the incredulousness of it all.

“This is a joke right? Even the guy’s confession is kind of zany.”

“Kyo-kun would never do such a thing.”

“The clever sleazoid sustained the untruth.”

“That poor woman was telling everyone she was dating Kyo the whole time?”

“He should apologize to Kyo!!!”

“This is so funny I still don’t believe it’s real.”

“Didn’t anyone ask to hear his death metal voice that entire time?”

“Why didn’t they just Google him?”

Impersonating such a high-profile person in the information age is definitely a ballsy move, but thankfully judges are usually indifferent to ballsiness. Also, considering this is Kasahara’s third strike, he may end up with a lot of time to practice his singing behind bars.

And while the justice system does its thing, we should also acknowledge a truly historic aspect of this whole case. This may very well be the first time in human history that a person’s neck tattoo alone directly resulted in them getting money.

Source: FNN Prime Online, Asahi Shimbun, Hachima Kiko

Top image:

Source

• Like 1

The weirdest shit. Also I just realized they used a screenshot of the video for the main photo lol

I had forgotten about this site until you posted this story but I read a couple more articles (the yakuza ones are particularly amusing) and I noticed they use Youtube video screenshots for a lot of the articles.

Miyavi has some sort of live stream going on now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uduCbSv3VAw

Idk if he's going to leave it up for people to view later. I hope he does as it's in both English and Japanese (he'll say something in English and then say it in Japanese).

• Like 1

Apparently you only get the first 15 minutes full stream is on NicoNico but you need a premium account.

• Like 1