Healthy Eating

UshieGushie

I don't know about y'all, but quarantine has absolutely wrecked my New Year's resolution to lose weight. Pre-lockdown, I was working out regularly and cooking at home. Now I find myself ordering takeout daily for multiple meals and dragging my feet to workout. I found out the other day that not only do I need to eat clean for my weight loss, but overall comfort. I am someone who has severe bloating and it took me forever to realize that I bloat this heavy because I eat way too much carbs and not enough veggies. 

I want this thread to be a place where healthy recipes are shared along with any tips on how to make healthy eating a lifestyle change and not some fad diet. Recipes can be healthy versions of unhealthy foods such as wings, macaroni, etc. I believe that healthy eating can be fun and so no need for heavy restrictions. 

spacer.png

9cacfefbcfeb8d4175a0038e72b22a1391ba3afe.gifv

Oh this will be a good thread. I'll have to come back later with some recipes. I was also on a weight-loss/healthy eating journey at the beginning of the year, until the end of March with lockdowns and everything, and like you said stared ordering out and eating comfort foods.

[JUSTIFY] 78d4ece9bff423896f92009e82d89594fbcebcd6.gifv[/JUSTIFY]

I've been avoiding this thread because it felt like a personal attack lmao

But I need to get back on a schedule, I've been quarantining since March and my whole routine has been absolutely wrecked. I was doing really good with my intermittent fasting + Keto-lite plan but that's gone waay out the window since I've been home.

I've been avoiding this thread because it felt like a personal attack lmao

But I need to get back on a schedule, I've been quarantining since March and my whole routine has been absolutely wrecked. I was doing really good with my intermittent fasting + Keto-lite plan but that's gone waay out the window since I've been home.

Lol, I had to make this thread to hold myself accountable. Today I plan on making jerk chicken, green beans, and a grain for dinner.

Lol, I had to make this thread to hold myself accountable. Today I plan on making jerk chicken, green beans, and a grain for dinner.

Good!

I think I'm going to start eating my more heavy meals in the day and replace my dinner/supper with an organic green smoothie.

Good!

I think I'm going to start eating my more heavy meals in the day and replace my dinner/supper with an organic green smoothie.

Is it just me or do smoothies make you incredibly cold? I think I use too much cold ingredients in  my smoothies. 

I made the chicken and my family loved it, but I did not. Idk, I don't like how my chicken tastes. I am thinking it's because I don't like to eat chicken skin and most of the flavor is on that and so now I am considering removing the skin of my baked chicken. 

• Donor

I have been working from home since mid March and have lost about 30 pounds. Things that have worked for me:

1. Drinking lots of water

2. I normally don’t eat a heavy breakfast, maybe some fruit, maybe yogurt but nothing heavy.

3. My biggest meal of the day is normally lunch so I will eat my traditional dinner for lunch, but not too heavy or the itis will set in.

4. I’m usually done working about 5 and I’ll have dinner and I’m done eating for the day.

5. I’m not a big fitness buff but I try to do some type of physical activity 5 days a week. Some days it  may be as simple as walking around my neighborhood for 30 minutes. Nothing hard core just something.

6. I’ve cut down on eating out, no more than once or twice a month, that has really helped and kept money in my pocket.

7. I am a sugar addict  and instead of cutting it all out, I’ll have a little something so I don’t feel deprived. Maybe instead of 3 cookies, just one. Instead of 3 scoops of ice cream just one.

8. I am by no means an expert but these are some of the changes that have worked for me.

You can tell from my everyday fits I ain’t rich, so cease and desist with those tricks...

The answer is D, all of the above..

alt=Prince Dancing GIFhttps://media3.giphy.com/media/s33IE5ZiQfha8/200.gif[/img]

I have been working from home since mid March and have lost about 30 pounds. Things that have worked for me:

1. Drinking lots of water

2. I normally don’t eat a heavy breakfast, maybe some fruit, maybe yogurt but nothing heavy.

3. My biggest meal of the day is normally lunch so I will eat my traditional dinner for lunch, but not too heavy or the itis will set in.

4. I’m usually done working about 5 and I’ll have dinner and I’m done eating for the day.

5. I’m not a big fitness buff but I try to do some type of physical activity 5 days a week. Some days it  may be as simple as walking around my neighborhood for 30 minutes. Nothing hard core just something.

6. I’ve cut down on eating out, no more than once or twice a month, that has really helped and kept money in my pocket.

7. I am a sugar addict  and instead of cutting it all out, I’ll have a little something so I don’t feel deprived. Maybe instead of 3 cookies, just one. Instead of 3 scoops of ice cream just one.

8. I am by no means an expert but these are some of the changes that have worked for me.

That's amazing, I am trying to lose in total 20 pounds, but I am pacing myself within mini goals of losing 5-10 lbs in the upcoming months. Currently I am struggling with eating healthy, I find that I don't eat at all or  all I will do is eat out. I am trying to limit myself to eating out 4x a month, but days come where I don't feel like cooking or defrosting meat.

You guys are amazing!

I could probably lose a few pounds but I don’t have a specific number in find but I just want to eat healthier as a life choice, I’m approaching my late twenties and I don’t wanna take a hard turn before it’s too late to fix ?

• 2 weeks later...
You guys are amazing!

I could probably lose a few pounds but I don’t have a specific number in find but I just want to eat healthier as a life choice, I’m approaching my late twenties and I don’t wanna take a hard turn before it’s too late to fix ?

Instead of focusing on a number, you can go by feeling. So if you feel sluggish or something then incorporate new foods into your diet or something. You may find that you look better at a weight different from the one you had in mind.

• 3 months later...

Whew, I forgot about this thread that I made. Honestly, I have been avoiding it because I gained back some of the weight and felt embarrassed for myself.

200.gif

Now that I got an instant pot, I feel really motivated to get back in the kitchen and cook. Losing weight has always been my goal, and so that has not changed. This time I am approaching it from a new mindset. I still plan on having a goal weight and time deadline, but now my focus will primarily be on instilling new habits instead of focusing on a number on the scale. I figure that as long as I stick to these changes, the weight will fall off as time goes on.