Let's talk about skincare! Drop routines, tips, updates, reviews, etc. as long as it relates to skin then come on in.

I don't know about y'all, but I am trying to get told this

[ATTACH]151._xfImport[/ATTACH]

image.png.ea78eb413c26203434089a99ab48156e.png

9cacfefbcfeb8d4175a0038e72b22a1391ba3afe.gifv

Mediheal D:NA Aquaring

+

Leaders Mediu Amino Moisture

are like tall glasses of water, for your face!

and TKB's versagel is it's best kept secret, it can last for a long time when used by itself.

OAN: any suggestions for body skincare (tools, creams etc.) would be appreciated~

SO i recently used this peel, Miracle Peel and it has my skin looking nigh flawless!

I need to restock on my moisturizer and acids, This is what I use on my skin for a nightly/daytime routine.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Not everything all at once obviously but these are staples in my routine.

Mediheal D:NA Aquaring

+

Leaders Mediu Amino Moisture

are like tall glasses of water, for your face!

and TKB's versagel is it's best kept secret, it can last for a long time when used by itself.

OAN: any suggestions for body skincare (tools, creams etc.) would be appreciated~

What does TKB'S versagel do, like what is is used for? I am trying to up up my moisture game. 

This is my current routine

Cleansers:

• Mineral Oil

• Hado Labo Hyaluronic Foaming Cleanser

Tone/Essence:

• Etude House Wonder Pore 

• TonyMoly Mocchi Ceramide 

• May Coop Raw Sauce

• Laniege Cream Skin

Serums:

• The Ordinary Marine Hyaluronic Acid

• Peach & Lily Glass Skin Refining Serum

Moisturizer:

• Belief The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb

Sleeping Pack:

• Vaseline

• Cerave Healing Ointment

Exfoliants:

• The Ordinary BHA/AHA Mask

• Rohto Melano CC Intensive

I rotate everything depending on my mood and how my skin feels that day or night.

The bolded are my HG, holy grails, and so I don't take those products out of my routine ever. I do plan on adding a new moisturizer and acid because the acid I am eyeing is said to dry out the skin. I currently got a new cleanser for at night that is said to help with texture and scarring. After a month or two, I'll give a review on it. 

Things I do not plan on repurchasing:

• TonyMoly Ceramide toner,

It doesn't really do anything for my skin

Here are some skincare tips I have discovered that works for me. I have dry skin so keep that in mind.

1. Apply 2-3 fingers worth of sunscreen and reapply as directed

2. Cleanse your face for 60 seconds

3. Exfoliate at most 3x a week

4. Use chemical exfoliants

5. Do not put coconut oil, ACV, and lemon juice on your face

6. If a product doesn't work for your face, try using it on your body (do a test patch)

7. Oily or dry, keep your skin hydrated

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Donor

I just tried Mediheal's Sleeping Melting Nose Pack last night and I think this may become a regular buy.

https://medihealus.com/products/sleeping-melting-nose-pack?_pos=1&_sid=e6b3d5e80&_ss=r

I miss the satisfaction of using nose pore strips, but I've read that they're not good to use regularly since they're pretty harsh on your skin. Since I have hella oily skin I've been trying to find a similar product that isn't as bad and this could be it. You basically put a sticker over your nose before you sleep and it "melts" away any pore-clogging stuff overnight. After I took mine off this morning my pores looked visibly smaller and overall cleaner compared to the night before.

• 4 weeks later...

Update on my skin

My scarring has faded a lot and I am pretty sure it is because of sunscreen. I put on 3 fingers worth and I reapply it constantly. I barely exfoliate now, 1x a week at most, and so my face has been looking dull. I can't keep neglecting that part of my routine, but my skin has been finicky lately. It will sting randomly with certain products and I think it is from the cotton pads I use. I cut them out of my routine, but still my skin stings sometimes so I guess I need to start using Vaseline every night to get my skin barrier right (that was a bar).

• 2 weeks later...

Ok Ordered the Inkey list turmeric cream been using it for like 2 weeks and it made some points for my dry ass skin

also my friend gave me these Shiseido retinol eye patches.....expensive AF but before makeup to have that flawless smooth undereye i say worth it lol

• 4 weeks later...

Update on my skin

My scarring has faded a lot and I am pretty sure it is because of sunscreen. I put on 3 fingers worth and I reapply it constantly. I barely exfoliate now, 1x a week at most, and so my face has been looking dull. I can't keep neglecting that part of my routine, but my skin has been finicky lately. It will sting randomly with certain products and I think it is from the cotton pads I use. I cut them out of my routine, but still my skin stings sometimes so I guess I need to start using Vaseline every night to get my skin barrier right (that was a bar).

Okay so I've been putting on sunscreen wrong then. 3 fingers worth of sunscreen vs my one nickel size dollop of sunscreen lol. I over-exfoliated with Mizon's 8% AHA, Cosrx BHA liquid and I messed up my barrier prettly badly. It would sting all the time and just looked shiny and thin. The Etude House oon jung 2x barrier intensive cream helped while I took the actives out of my routine.

• Like 1
tumblr_otmvrdLYoU1ubqc0co2_500.gifv

Skin care is like a mystery language to me

I recently started with some the Ordinary stuff, prior to this all I used was shea butter or Palmers cocoa butter. I am now looking to buy vitamine C serum, but my goodness! There are soooo may products out there?

Okay so I've been putting on sunscreen wrong then. 3 fingers worth of sunscreen vs my one nickel size dollop of sunscreen lol. I over-exfoliated with Mizon's 8% AHA, Cosrx BHA liquid and I messed up my barrier prettly badly. It would sting all the time and just looked shiny and thin. The Etude House oon jung 2x barrier intensive cream helped while I took the actives out of my routine.

Yeah, cotton pads plus chemical exfoliation lead quickly to over-exfoliation for me. Most of the week at night I use a bit of the Cerave healing ointment to help with My moisture barrier.

My TonyMoly ceramide toner is almost done, thank God, and I do not plan on repurchasing it. What hydrating toners would y’all currently recommend? I think right now my skin needs a break from thin milky toners.

My TonyMoly ceramide toner is almost done, thank God, and I do not plan on repurchasing it. What hydrating toners would y’all currently recommend? I think right now my skin needs a break from thin milky toners.

I swear by this one from Klairs.

width=307pxhttps://images.ulta.com/is/image/Ulta/2546686?op_sharpen=1&resMode=bilin&qlt=85&wid=800&hei=800&fmt=jpg[/img]

You can get it from Amazon or Ulta.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I bought myself these from Yesstyle:

[ATTACH type=full]1343[/ATTACH][ATTACH type=full]1342[/ATTACH][ATTACH type=full]1341[/ATTACH]

I got 2 of the sunscreen because it is my favorite one, and it seems to be sold out on Amazon ever since an esthetician on Twitter found out about it.

• Like 1

Is that sunscreen good? I’ve been using the Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence but since they’ve changed the formula I think it’s lost a lot of its potency.

I do like it because it doesn’t leave a white cast though.

Is that sunscreen good? I’ve been using the Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence but since they’ve changed the formula I think it’s lost a lot of its potency.

I do like it because it doesn’t leave a white cast though.

I avoid sunscreens with alcohol because they tend to dry out my skin and break me out. This sunscreen does not do that, it is extremely hydrating, and it does not leave a white cast.

• Like 1

• Donor

@michigo Don't order the sunscreen

[MEDIA=twitter]1334623263000059912[/MEDIA]

Looking for a good sunscreen that does not leave a white cast... I have used Bolden, they sell it at Target but you have to catch it because it stays sold out and it's a black owned brand. I normally just grab 2 when they have it in stock . What I used before that is the LaRoche Posay SPF60. I have oily skin and am about a NC43.

[ATTACH]1420[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1419[/ATTACH]

You can tell from my everyday fits I ain’t rich, so cease and desist with those tricks...

The answer is D, all of the above..

alt=Prince Dancing GIFhttps://media3.giphy.com/media/s33IE5ZiQfha8/200.gif[/img]

I have been using this sunscreen for the past few days and it does not leave a white cast which is a huge plus. Overall, I rate this sunscreena 7. Mainly because of how oily and thick it is. When you finish rubbing it in, your skin looks nicely hydrated, but after like 10 minutes your face turns into an oil slick. With Purito, I usually do three fingers worth of product, but I cannot do that with this sunscreen due to how thick it is. I stick with 2 fingers, which is the advises amount anyways.

[ATTACH type=full]1464[/ATTACH]

I'll let you know if my review changes because I think that this sunscreen is very hydrating overall, despite the excess oil. I hope that with time my skin gets used to it and is able to absorb it faster and combat the sheen.

• 1 month later...

I have been using this sunscreen for the past few days and it does not leave a white cast which is a huge plus. Overall, I rate this sunscreena 7. Mainly because of how oily and thick it is. When you finish rubbing it in, your skin looks nicely hydrated, but after like 10 minutes your face turns into an oil slick. With Purito, I usually do three fingers worth of product, but I cannot do that with this sunscreen due to how thick it is. I stick with 2 fingers, which is the advises amount anyways.

[ATTACH type=full" alt="1607321403573.png]1464[/ATTACH]

I'll let you know if my review changes because I think that this sunscreen is very hydrating overall, despite the excess oil. I hope that with time my skin gets used to it and is able to absorb it faster and combat the sheen.

I'm not too fond of BGS, while my skin did get better at absorbing it over time. It is still too thick for my liking, and it left a thick layer of oil after application. I don't know if this was because of the sunscreen or my skin, but I noticed that my skin barrier was getting messed up. Each time I applied the sunscreen, my face stung. I know that the company will soon release a matte version, but I'm not sure if I would give it a try.

I wish Purito would work on their sunscreen because its consistency was amazing, and my skin loved it.