• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ATTACH]173._xfImport[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]176._xfImport[/ATTACH][ATTACH]174._xfImport[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]175._xfImport[/ATTACH]

spacer.png

[ATTACH]177._xfImport[/ATTACH][ATTACH]178._xfImport[/ATTACH][ATTACH]179._xfImport[/ATTACH]

rocketpunch0804.png

RP-mems.png

discog.png

mems.png

Rocket_Punch_Pink_Punch_digital_album_cover.png

Rocket_Punch_Red_Punch_digital_cover.png

So i just found out about these girls and I love them! Apart from the fact that most of them are literal children I'm really loving everything about them. Here's a few things I like so far.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I figured I’d merge/create a general GG thread since there’s only a few of us that contribute to the them, there isn’t a need for each group to have a separate thread just yet.

Can I say howhappy I am that I finally gave in to my curiosity about Dreamcatcher?? Their discography is top tier and they’re so fun as a group, who else could make covering Abracadabra both funny and sexy?

• Like 2

• Donor

I just started listening to Red Velvet (well, specifically Irene and Seulgi's stuff, but I'm slowly working backwards because I know how late I am). Anything I should know before I dive in? Any recommendations on things to avoid or absolutely check out? All suggestions are welcome!

• Like 1

Blackpink's new song was good. Very catchy chorus, despite the beat being a bit too loud imo. I didn't like Jisoo's voice; I felt like it didn't blend with the track as well as everyone else's.

• Like 1
52d43bb5ccc7a8e226d26a8b2a78b57d058fdb41r1-540-299_00.gif

Blackpink's new song was good. Very catchy chorus, despite the beat being a bit too loud imo. I didn't like Jisoo's voice; I felt like it didn't blend with the track as well as everyone else's.

Since the beginning I've really wanted to like BP but it's like they can't get out of 2NE1's shadow. I know it's not really their fault since they don't make the decisions but every time I listen to a title track from them all I hear is Pedialyte 2NE1, nothing ever sounds like it was written specifically for them to sing/rap.

This song was cute though, I probably won't listen to the whole album.

• Like 1

Since the beginning I've really wanted to like BP but it's like they can't get out of 2NE1's shadow. I know it's not really their fault since they don't make the decisions but every time I listen to a title track from them all I hear is Pedialyte 2NE1, nothing ever sounds like it was written specifically for them to sing/rap.

This song was cute though, I probably won't listen to the whole album.

Yeah, I didnt listen to the entire album either. HYLT and their reputation for having bad music (Boombayah, Whistle, and D4 are the only other songs I've heard from them) has not made me interested in checking out their stuff.

I mean YG was trying to go for a "prettier" version of 2NE1 when he made BP, so I guess music had to be pushed to the side to focus on the visuals and aesthetics. It's just sad because they have no real musical identity. Every other group in the Big 4 have their own musical identity, except for them. But since folks only care charts, YG doesn't really have to put much thought into them.

2NE1 had great music that has stood the (short) test of time; it really sucks what has happened to them.

• Like 2

Yeah, I didnt listen to the entire album either. HYLT and their reputation for having bad music (Boombayah, Whistle, and D4 are the only other songs I've heard from them) has not made me interested in checking out their stuff.

I mean YG was trying to go for a "prettier" version of 2NE1 when he made BP, so I guess music had to be pushed to the side to focus on the visuals and aesthetics. It's just sad because they have no real musical identity. Every other group in the Big 4 have their own musical identity, except for them. But since folks only care charts, YG doesn't really have to put much thought into them.

2NE1 had great music that has stood the (short) test of time; it really sucks what has happened to them.

YG is the king of terrible decisions there's no reason that BP and 2NE1 couldn't exist at the same time. If he wanted his "cute" little Girl Group in the vein of Twice but bad ass he could have had that and allowed 2NE1's music to continue growing with their fans.

He just wanted to destroy 2NE1 and he did what he wanted.

• Like 1

YG is the king of terrible decisions there's no reason that BP and 2NE1 couldn't exist at the same time. If he wanted his "cute" little Girl Group in the vein of Twice but bad ass he could have had that and allowed 2NE1's music to continue growing with their fans.

He just wanted to destroy 2NE1 and he did what he wanted.

Agree. 1000%

Just seeing the energy when 2NE1 performed at MAMA as 4 showed how they were still in demand. Instead he's got Teddy out here destroying his legacy and popularity with half-hearted, uninspired, empty chorus songs. Makes no sense.

But I guess that would have forced them to actually make music for BP that was different.

Girl groups in kpop struggle to have the same senior-junior relationship that boy groups do. While their boy groups coexist at the same time, companies always choose to dump one girl group and just move onto the next.

I think Twice-Itzy are the only ones right now who are both active on a regular basis.

Agree. 1000%

Just seeing the energy when 2NE1 performed at MAMA as 4 showed how they were still in demand. Instead he's got Teddy out here destroying his legacy and popularity with half-hearted, uninspired, empty chorus songs. Makes no sense.

But I guess that would have forced them to actually make music for BP that was different.

Girl groups in kpop struggle to have the same senior-junior relationship that boy groups do. While their boy groups coexist at the same time, companies always choose to dump one girl group and just move onto the next.

I think Twice-Itzy are the only ones right now who are both active on a regular basis.

Twice/Itzy are the only ones I can think of, CLC and G-Idle are on the same label but Cube very purposefully screwed CLC over for the hot new thing that was G-Idle.

The whole manufacture then, throw away concept for Idols is kind of ruining the the "industry" for the kids that actually want to make music. For the people that just want to make a quick buck it works for them because they can have a chance at gaining a quick ride to the top then move on to other things.

It sucks for the kids from poor towns with a genuine dream of making music if they get put in a group that has a very obvious shelf life, once the label is done with the group they very rarely put as much effort into an individuals career as they do a group so they're left trying to hold on to what they have alone.

• Like 2

I just started listening to Red Velvet (well, specifically Irene and Seulgi's stuff, but I'm slowly working backwards because I know how late I am). Anything I should know before I dive in? Any recommendations on things to avoid or absolutely check out? All suggestions are welcome!

I just saw this! So I'm not an expert on RV since I fell off listening to them around their 4th release but I will say that Red Velvet has some of the best producers in the industry, not even just compared to their fellow Girl Groups. Here's some songs/albums that I recommend.

[MEDIA=spotify]album/6YL9J0E6PGtYzkhyMxnmXd[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=spotify]track/42tFTth2jcF7iSo0RBjfJF[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=spotify]track/7nKQ5WAcjnG48knyLuo8gO[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=spotify]track/5GKwq4sO5ZHKuWaDmdwMQc[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=spotify]track/3CYH422oy1cZNoo0GTG1TK[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=spotify]album/27cBQ5FDqv0xLgiJ7qNpZr[/MEDIA]

Automatic and Peek-a-Boo are my favourite songs by them.

• Like 1

• Donor

I just saw this! So I'm not an expert on RV since I fell off listening to them around their 4th release but I will say that Red Velvet has some of the best producers in the industry, not even just compared to their fellow Girl Groups. Here's some songs/albums that I recommend.

[MEDIA=spotify]album/6YL9J0E6PGtYzkhyMxnmXd[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=spotify]track/42tFTth2jcF7iSo0RBjfJF[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=spotify]track/7nKQ5WAcjnG48knyLuo8gO[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=spotify]track/5GKwq4sO5ZHKuWaDmdwMQc[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=spotify]track/3CYH422oy1cZNoo0GTG1TK[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=spotify]album/27cBQ5FDqv0xLgiJ7qNpZr[/MEDIA]

Automatic and Peek-a-Boo are my favourite songs by them.

Thank you!! Going to go through all that this week!

• Like 1

I don't follow WJSN but I liked this!

I think it's the horns but it's giving me Orange Caramel, 'My Copycat' and I appreciate this kinds of sound/visual making a comeback. I can't get my OC back with more music I'll settle for scraps from other groups.

Didn't wanna derail the TXT thread, so here are the MVs of the Girl Group Lea Huening was in. The budget is low.

They last performed in 2019 at a festival.

I know having her brother in TXT gave her some exposure and an international fanbase, so I wonder if the company is thinking about giving another go at it or hopefully Lea has another opportunity to debut (if that's what she truly wants) since she's only 20 international age.

[ATTACH type=full]806[/ATTACH]

Tracklist for GFRIEND’s next album!

I have to buy this for the Eunha/Yuju subunit alone. All the girls apparently contributed on writing for their sub units and some of them for the title track. I’m excited to see how this turns out, I really enjoyed Apple.

In the past I haven’t really seen it for twice apart Like Ooh Ahh but they’ve been impressing me with these past few comebacks. I liked Fancy but I wasn’t crazy about it, LOVED Feel Special but none of the b sides really caught my attention and now this! I really like the 80s vibe though I don’t think any GG will do the 80s better than Wonder Girls did with Reboot.

I listened to the album teasers yesterday and surprisingly really enjoyed most of the songs. This might be the year I buy a twice album again, that hasn’t happened since their debut.

*Michi speaks into the void*

Highlights from Eye's Wide Open

Honestly I loved most of the songs, there were only a few that really didn't hit for me. I'm happy JYP allowed Twice's music to grow along with them. Wish he gave a crap about his male groups tho....