Official Girl Groups Thread

michigo

I don’t know much about Twice but I liked the title song. I really liked the choreography. I loved those yellow plaid pants one of them had on.

*Michi speaks into the void*

Highlights from Eye's Wide Open

Honestly I loved most of the songs, there were only a few that really didn't hit for me. I'm happy JYP allowed Twice's music to grow along with them. Wish he gave a crap about his male groups tho....

I liked majority of the songs as well. Some of my favs from my first listen were Hell in Heaven, Up no more, say something, behind the mask, and handle it.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

alt=screaming season 5 GIF by Broad Cityhttps://media2.giphy.com/media/7zxgpKZBTWDS2DuyH8/200.gif[/img]

GFRREEEIIINNNDDDDDD

ElV-7krVMAAe_U4?format=jpg&name=large

ElV-7ktUcAA3Of1?format=jpg&name=large

ElV_WnrU0AEwCEU?format=jpg&name=large

ElV_WoXVMAEHVg2?format=jpg&name=large

ElV_T__UUAI-4R9?format=jpg&name=large

ElV_UBKVkAEVdp5?format=jpg&name=large

ElV_MfhVgAII5Zx?format=jpg&name=large

ElV_MggU0AIp8rx?format=jpg&name=large

ElV_F_UVcAAbUSk?format=jpg&name=large

ElV_GAmU0AEhq8m?format=jpg&name=large

ElV_AMDVMAI6ZxU?format=jpg&name=large

ElV_ANQU8AACe2n?format=jpg&name=large

They're looking like WEALTH! MONEY! EXTRAVAGANCE! EXUBERANCE! LUXURY!

I can't wait for this comeback

I don’t know much about Twice but I liked the title song. I really liked the choreography. I loved those yellow plaid pants one of them had on.

I liked majority of the songs as well. Some of my favs from my first listen were Heaven in Hell, Up no more, say something, behind the mask, and handle it.

This comeback is the first time I've really paid attention to Twice, I still don't know their names apart from MoMo and Nayeon lol. They looked amazing, I really like the plaid set as well and the choreography was actually impressive. The last time I checked them out they were still on their cheerleader bs.

alt=k-pop signal GIFhttps://media2.giphy.com/media/3owzVSjfR8a3NEajIY/200.gif[/img]alt=k-pop GIFhttps://media4.giphy.com/media/3ofT5Jd7muZHslAxmU/200.gif[/img]

• Like 1

They chose the worst outfits from the MV for their Choom Studio performance, ugh~

They still looked good though.

This set outfits look SO much better but the camera work is absolutely terrible.

I LOVE when they drop it for the 'Red light' line.

• Like 1

They chose the worst outfits from the MV for their Choom Studio performance, ugh~

They still looked good though.

This set outfits look SO much better but the camera work is absolutely terrible.

I LOVE when they drop it for the 'Red light' line.

I usually don't like Twice's title tracks (TT is the only one I really enjoy). But this one is amazing. Absolutely brilliant. Probably my favorite title track of their's. And that move when they go to the ground and stick out there leg is phenomenal and goes so well with that part of the chorus. Amazing. This song and the choreo is so catchy. This has officially dethroned Monster to claim the title of GG song of the year for me.

• Like 2
52d43bb5ccc7a8e226d26a8b2a78b57d058fdb41r1-540-299_00.gif

I usually don't like Twice's title tracks (TT is the only one I really enjoy). But this one is amazing. Absolutely brilliant. Probably my favorite title track of their's. And that move when they go to the ground and stick out there leg is phenomenal and goes so well with that part of the chorus. Amazing. This song and the choreo is so catchy. This has officially dethroned Monster to claim the title of GG song of the year for me.

They really grabbed me with this one, even with the lackluster MV everything else made up for the nonsense in the music video lol.

ITZY was at the top for me but this has kicked Not Shy out of my top spot, I wonder if they're going to promote any other song on the album.

alt=screaming season 5 GIF by Broad Cityhttps://media2.giphy.com/media/7zxgpKZBTWDS2DuyH8/200.gif[/img]

GFRREEEIIINNNDDDDDD

ElV-7krVMAAe_U4?format=jpg&name=large

ElV-7ktUcAA3Of1?format=jpg&name=large

ElV_WnrU0AEwCEU?format=jpg&name=large

ElV_WoXVMAEHVg2?format=jpg&name=large

ElV_T__UUAI-4R9?format=jpg&name=large

ElV_UBKVkAEVdp5?format=jpg&name=large

ElV_MfhVgAII5Zx?format=jpg&name=large

ElV_MggU0AIp8rx?format=jpg&name=large

ElV_F_UVcAAbUSk?format=jpg&name=large

ElV_GAmU0AEhq8m?format=jpg&name=large

ElV_AMDVMAI6ZxU?format=jpg&name=large

ElV_ANQU8AACe2n?format=jpg&name=large

They're looking like WEALTH! MONEY! EXTRAVAGANCE! EXUBERANCE! LUXURY!

I can't wait for this comeback

This comeback is the first time I've really paid attention to Twice, I still don't know their names apart from MoMo and Nayeon lol. They looked amazing, I really like the plaid set as well and the choreography was actually impressive. The last time I checked them out they were still on their cheerleader bs.

alt=k-pop signal GIFhttps://media2.giphy.com/media/3owzVSjfR8a3NEajIY/200.gif[/img]alt=k-pop GIFhttps://media4.giphy.com/media/3ofT5Jd7muZHslAxmU/200.gif[/img]

? I knew one from when fans were talking about ‘bts Jimin and twice jeongyeon had “beef”’ and I know jihyo, momo, and tzuyu.

Gfriend look amazing. :thumbsup:

Are these pics for their comeback? I’ve been meaning to check out there music.

• Like 1

? I knew one from when fans were talking about ‘bts Jimin and twice jeongyeon had “beef”’ and I know jihyo, momo, and tzuyu.

Gfriend look amazing. :thumbsup:

Are these pics for their comeback? I’ve been meaning to check out there music.

I love when stans make up whole storylines on the 2 secs of contact these groups have ? ?

Yes! They're having a comeback in a few weeks. You should check them out when you have a chance I really like their music! Here's a few recs.

[spoiler=songs][MEDIA=spotify]track/3CVeGXpoPKJQ9JuhPp3mpL[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=spotify]track/2Oi0IO8K4BEbhPUdWcjNmv[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=spotify]track/0FMkt7EXvAEdGg24cVnwWe[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=spotify]track/6nkuKRjpQA0iRHPEDk52R9[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=spotify]track/1e7eOq89QU6vGYCJp9yW2L[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=spotify]track/3jg1u32Pn1c2M5r6SAQBCC[/MEDIA]

Yuju has a genuinely amazing singing voice, one of the best of the 3rd Gen.

I love when stans make up whole storylines on the 2 secs of contact these groups have ? ?

Yes! They're having a comeback in a few weeks. You should check them out when you have a chance I really like their music! Here's a few recs.

[spoiler=songs][MEDIA=spotify]track/3CVeGXpoPKJQ9JuhPp3mpL[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=spotify]track/2Oi0IO8K4BEbhPUdWcjNmv[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=spotify]track/0FMkt7EXvAEdGg24cVnwWe[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=spotify]track/6nkuKRjpQA0iRHPEDk52R9[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=spotify]track/1e7eOq89QU6vGYCJp9yW2L[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=spotify]track/3jg1u32Pn1c2M5r6SAQBCC[/MEDIA]

Yuju has a genuinely amazing singing voice, one of the best of the 3rd Gen.

I felt oddly nostalgic listening to the songs you posted. I loved each song my favorites were fingertip, sunrise and apple. Yuju really did that on Sunrise (I know that thanks to the colored coded lyrics on YouTube lol).

• Like 1

I felt oddly nostalgic listening to the songs you posted. I loved each song my favorites were fingertip, sunrise and apple. Yuju really did that on Sunrise (I know that thanks to the colored coded lyrics on YouTube lol).

Yuju is really an amazing singer, I think Gfriend's music is kinda holding her back tbh lol. I know for most groups they kind of tell them how to sing to fit the concept but she could be a top vocalist with more proper training.

Nostalgic is the perfect word to describe a lot of what I feel listening to their music, I get that feeling from Oh My Girl as well. Certain songs just take you back to a simpler more joyful time, I love it. Since I mentioned OMG I'll link some of my faves from them too.

[spoiler=oh my girl][MEDIA=spotify]track/5zypKmEPNSSfH4JTn9s68n[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=spotify]track/2xSmwI4qeqtb2iIElCfcZD[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=spotify]track/3HLmPzxtbzjuKNLBzmCG3o[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=spotify]track/2ZVQY4mXF3eHTu1RBnBZl0[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=spotify]track/55pm2wVKiIziOHGsC4FBYM[/MEDIA]

+ More Twice content.

I guess this is the b-side they're promoting. I was hoping for Hell in Heaven but I love Up no More too.

• Like 2

I'm so geeked for GFRIEND's comeback!

1603899199-image.png

42613568fde6ee6fa7c8636b4f0692f51b95a852.png125a0029fd66054ac87ce56fd772f0898d5d0b89.png

70ec52ec0caeaff800b3300ea72608d2fb1fedf4.png

72ef52e6b6292cb896a1ee5f0d42c79fdec09c8b.pngbd5d941ee92e1567e68deedb207d59c2ed60c3e7.pnge6121fcf9fd05e557717935c8e6dbbc0a489040c.pngcc47946634a123aa1f74b00f963b7118aa7c7ef7.png9ef139b573a595c6fa0f1da9a3162b980795327b.png

I forgot to post this set! ??

I think this version is my favourite of the concepts. I already preordered a random version of the album and I hope I get this one or the version where they're modern office witches strutting through the streets of Seoul.

I'm so geeked for GFRIEND's comeback!

1603899199-image.png

42613568fde6ee6fa7c8636b4f0692f51b95a852.png125a0029fd66054ac87ce56fd772f0898d5d0b89.png

70ec52ec0caeaff800b3300ea72608d2fb1fedf4.png

72ef52e6b6292cb896a1ee5f0d42c79fdec09c8b.pngbd5d941ee92e1567e68deedb207d59c2ed60c3e7.pnge6121fcf9fd05e557717935c8e6dbbc0a489040c.pngcc47946634a123aa1f74b00f963b7118aa7c7ef7.png9ef139b573a595c6fa0f1da9a3162b980795327b.png

I love this look. It reminds me of Clueless. I wonder if this means that they will be going retro too.

• Like 2
52d43bb5ccc7a8e226d26a8b2a78b57d058fdb41r1-540-299_00.gif

Yuju is really an amazing singer, I think Gfriend's music is kinda holding her back tbh lol. I know for most groups they kind of tell them how to sing to fit the concept but she could be a top vocalist with more proper training.

Nostalgic is the perfect word to describe a lot of what I feel listening to their music, I get that feeling from Oh My Girl as well. Certain songs just take you back to a simpler more joyful time, I love it. Since I mentioned OMG I'll link some of my faves from them too.

[spoiler=oh my girl][MEDIA=spotify]track/5zypKmEPNSSfH4JTn9s68n[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=spotify]track/2xSmwI4qeqtb2iIElCfcZD[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=spotify]track/3HLmPzxtbzjuKNLBzmCG3o[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=spotify]track/2ZVQY4mXF3eHTu1RBnBZl0[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=spotify]track/55pm2wVKiIziOHGsC4FBYM[/MEDIA]

+ More Twice content.

I guess this is the b-side they're promoting. I was hoping for Hell in Heaven but I love Up no More too.

O nice! Yeah, they have that same vibe too. Secret garden and liar liar are my favs. I’ve been looking for new music/ groups to listen to so all of this is great. ❤️

Aw I was hoping for Hell in Heaven too. I like up no more as well. I like some of their outfits.

More Twice content, still bopping to this song I never thought I'd like.

alt=Dancing Queen Happy Dance GIFhttps://media1.giphy.com/media/RX7N03MEUafW8/200.gif[/img]

I really like these outfits for the Relay Dance. The all white and the yellow plaid sets are my favourites so far.

GLAMOUR!

I love their outfits ?

Gorgeous!!

2020 really is the topsy turvy year, who’d have thought I’d ever become a Twice fan. ??

+

New Dreamcatcher content!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaLjwge-EZs

I know kpop is never gonna get over this light blonde hair/ice blue contact combo but Siyeon looked so much more striking with the black & blue hair.

84fe65bc217da989644684b1b59930fc219aa0ab.gif

I just got into them this comeback so this is the first time I'm seeing them perform with Handong, I like the lines they gave her and how they fit her into the choreography.

I'm really looking forward to their next comeback!

• Like 1

• Donor

I have WORDS for their stylist. What is going on with those shorts?!

As much as I want these girls to succeed just based off the history of this group, this whole performance was just kind of yawn-inducing. The song isn't bad, but they're kind of lacking in stage presence, huh?

• Like 1

I have WORDS for their stylist. What is going on with those shorts?!

As much as I want these girls to succeed just based off the history of this group, this whole performance was just kind of yawn-inducing. The song isn't bad, but they're kind of lacking in stage presence, huh?

This is mean but they just look so....poor :sobbing:

It's like they took a couple pairs of xxxxxl jeans from the local thrift shop, chopped them up and called it a day.

Compared to what a lot of other nugu girl groups are doing this is outdated weak sauce. I just found out about this group I've never heard of before, they're on their second iteration and from a nothing company so I'm sure they don't have a lot of money but the vibe and look is so much more modern and interesting.

• Like 1

• Donor

This is mean but they just look so....poor :sobbing:

It's like they took a couple pairs of xxxxxl jeans from the local thrift shop, chopped them up and called it a day.

Compared to what a lot of other nugu girl groups are doing this is outdated weak sauce. I just found out about this group I've never heard of before, they're on their second iteration and from a nothing company so I'm sure they don't have a lot of money but the vibe and look is so much more modern and interesting.

You posted the MV for this group earlier, right? I really like that they're doing harder/more "masculine" choreography than typical girl groups, it makes them stand out a lot more. It'll be interesting to see what becomes of them.

As for Blackswan, if they took out Fatou and Leia (I had to look up her name 'cause I don't follow them like that), there would be nothing separating them from every other girl group out there. The vocals and choreography were meh.

• Like 2

You posted the MV for this group earlier, right? I really like that they're doing harder/more "masculine" choreography than typical girl groups, it makes them stand out a lot more. It'll be interesting to see what becomes of them.

As for Blackswan, if they took out Fatou and Leia (I had to look up her name 'cause I don't follow them like that), there would be nothing separating them from every other girl group out there. The vocals and choreography were meh.

I did, I LOVE their choreography. On their YT channel they do a lot of covers and dance vids for other popular songs and I love the fact that they're actually dancing, you can see the hard work they put in on the stage. The debuted a couple years ago as a cute girly concept but that didn't work so they went back to the drawing board, reworked the group then debuted last year as 3YE. I'm excited to see just how far they make it as well, I'm going to be watching their careers.

I wish more groups would allow groups to redebut after reworking somethings but Rania(Now BlackSwan) has been dead in the water for a while now. They had a chance with Alex a few years ago but they royally fxked that up so I really don't see this venture last more than a few comebacks. The only thing that "sets them apart" is that they have foreign members but they already pulled that gimmick with Alex so now no one cares. I don't want to insult the girls they just added but Alex was a much better rapper, she could dance her ass off and she was super charismatic. If they would have given her a fair shake there's no telling how far the group would have gone.

• Donor

I did, I LOVE their choreography. On their YT channel they do a lot of covers and dance vids for other popular songs and I love the fact that they're actually dancing, you can see the hard work they put in on the stage. The debuted a couple years ago as a cute girly concept but that didn't work so they went back to the drawing board, reworked the group then debuted last year as 3YE. I'm excited to see just how far they make it as well, I'm going to be watching their careers.

I wish more groups would allow groups to redebut after reworking somethings but Rania(Now BlackSwan) has been dead in the water for a while now. They had a chance with Alex a few years ago but they royally fxked that up so I really don't see this venture last more than a few comebacks. The only thing that "sets them apart" is that they have foreign members but they already pulled that gimmick with Alex so now no one cares. I don't want to insult the girls they just added but Alex was a much better rapper, she could dance her ass off and she was super charismatic. If they would have given her a fair shake there's no telling how far the group would have gone.

I remember watching that interview Alex did with that one former idol trainee and feeling that she seemed to have what it takes to make it as an idol in SK—it's just too bad she ended up with a company that didn't know what the hell they were doing. Her stage presence is way better than Fatou's for sure, but I don't know of many models who are good at much else besides looking good, so I'm sure Fatou will slay in all their photoshoots, but the actual idol part of the package? I'm skeptical, but I'm skeptical about all those girls anyway.

• Like 1

I remember watching that interview Alex did with that one former idol trainee and feeling that she seemed to have what it takes to make it as an idol in SK—it's just too bad she ended up with a company that didn't know what the hell they were doing. Her stage presence is way better than Fatou's for sure, but I don't know of many models who are good at much else besides looking good, so I'm sure Fatou will slay in all their photoshoots, but the actual idol part of the package? I'm skeptical, but I'm skeptical about all those girls anyway.

I always flip-flopped on thinking she was cringe and loving her energy but if anybody could have made it with halfway competent management it would have been her ?. I really feel like they added a black girl to recapture some of the hype they previously had because if someone hadn't told me the Brazilian girl was Brazilian I wouldn't have known she was foreign.

I'll continue wishing them the best but Dr. Music really should cut their losses at this point.

• Like 1