Official Girl Groups Thread

michigo

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone like secret number? I like their new song and I'm kind of supposed they already have a few million views. Are they that popular? I also like that they're all grown-ish. I think the oldest was born in 95.

• Like 1

Does anyone like secret number? I like their new song and I'm kind of supposed they already have a few million views. Are they that popular? I also like that they're all grown-ish. I think the oldest was born in 95.

I'd never heard of them before this but I think I remember reading somewhere that one of their group members is indonesian so that's why they've racked up so many views.

They seem like cute girls but if the eldest is a 95' liner they're too young for me to put my money behind lmaoo.

GFRIENNNDDDDD

alt=Big Brother Omg GIF by Global TVhttps://media3.giphy.com/media/20ANgYG4KfSakvutbO/200.gif[/img]

I've been seeing alot people compare this concept to Dynamite from BTS which is such an offense to Gfriend because at the very least MAGO looks like Source/BH actually put some money behind this versus the cheap cash grab that Dynamite was.

I can't wait for this album Gfriend has grown so much since Flowerbud I'm excited to seem they continue to get better and better with each comeback.

• Like 2

MY IS WAITING FOR YOU.

:cheering::cheering::cheering::cheering::cheering:

My girls killed that, and the bass lick throughout this song is just :flavor:

Can’t wait to hear the rest of the album.

• Like 1

• Donor

I've been seeing alot people compare this concept to Dynamite from BTS which is such an offense to Gfriend because at the very least MAGO looks like Source/BH actually put some money behind this versus the cheap cash grab that Dynamite was.

People who make that comparison haven't been paying attention to the pop music landscape over the last 5 years then, have they forgotten how much of a monster 24K Magic was? It's all in the same vein. If anything, it's a little weird that it looks like they shot in one of the same sets (that raised platform dance floor), but the two songs aren't similar enough to compare otherwise.

• Like 3

People who make that comparison haven't been paying attention to the pop music landscape over the last 5 years then, have they forgotten how much of a monster 24K Magic was? It's all in the same vein. If anything, it's a little weird that it looks like they shot in one of the same sets (that raised platform dance floor), but the two songs aren't similar enough to compare otherwise.

Some people only know one thing and automatically assume that anything else that's remotely similar must be a rip off. ?

I'm sure they either shared a set since they're technically under the same company now or the set just looks similar because a lot of kpop acts use similar set for their group dance shots.

• Like 3

The girlies didn't disappoint! I love everything about GFRIEND's comeback!!!! I like seeing this mature and almost sultry side of them. And can we talk about how SMOKIN' Yuju looked during her pole scene ?

43b4e85d0abdabe24ac45f6c46211eff4cbbc752.gifv58d18ff72f312b295f765356c26b7aa8d15c8004.gifve4524d9583a82b7efbd1554c51082f265a6a660d.gifv4f06e12d949f9211c36d5fc4fbc005d7d7a17177.gifv

• Like 1

The girlies didn't disappoint! I love everything about GFRIEND's comeback!!!! I like seeing this mature and almost sultry side of them. And can we talk about how SMOKIN' Yuju looked during her pole scene ?

43b4e85d0abdabe24ac45f6c46211eff4cbbc752.gifv58d18ff72f312b295f765356c26b7aa8d15c8004.gifve4524d9583a82b7efbd1554c51082f265a6a660d.gifv4f06e12d949f9211c36d5fc4fbc005d7d7a17177.gifv

QUUEEENNN :cheering::cheering::cheering:

They all looked amazing in their solo shots but Yuju really stole the whole show, I wish there were more shots of her in this outfit because she was UNMATCHED.

Have you listened to the rest of the album? If you did what were your favourites? I was surprised with how much I loved the unit songs, the only one I didn't really go crazy for was SinB and Yerin's song. The sound was a little juvenile for me compared to the rest of the album.

I'd never heard of them before this but I think I remember reading somewhere that one of their group members is indonesian so that's why they've racked up so many views.

They seem like cute girls but if the eldest is a 95' liner they're too young for me to put my money behind lmaoo.

GFRIENNNDDDDD

alt=Big Brother Omg GIF by Global TVhttps://media3.giphy.com/media/20ANgYG4KfSakvutbO/200.gif[/img]

I can't wait for this album Gfriend has grown so much since Flowerbud I'm excited to seem they continue to get better and better with each comeback.

ahh that makees sense, a lot of other asian countries support their own like crazy.

And lmaooo, I feel you, but w/ there being idols born in like 2002, I'm just glad there's a new group w/ someone older than me.

• Like 1

GFRIEND !

alt=standing ovation applause GIF by Shahttps://media3.giphy.com/media/82IKB3BDY6PJ7o25b0/200.gif[/img]

I need to learn their names.

I love the song and the outfits are fantastic. ? I wanna go buy a sequin dress or something.

Vocals

Choreo

Visuals

Everything else

I feel like people sleep on GFriend but they’ve been giving us everything for years and their music has grown so much with them. I’m so proud. :criesinkorean:

Thankfully they’re one of those groups where the members all looks distinct from each other.

[spoiler=Their Names]

DU2pW07U8AA_bkc.jpg:large

ahh that makees sense, a lot of other asian countries support their own like crazy.

And lmaooo, I feel you, but w/ there being idols born in like 2002, I'm just glad there's a new group w/ someone older than me.

Whew once I started seeing idols born after the year 2000 debut I was like yeah....the days of me finding a new group every year are done lol, I recently made an exception for itzy but after them I can’t pay attention to any newly debuted groups ?

[spoiler=Gfriend]

281e91a96de6781ed54a800fd924d32938162d60.gifv

71e36e0fcb13e0b9ae3d7b51b19f800bb919336b.gifv

01c7aecdd686908c969c6d52e9177b3e5f7fbeb8.gifv

fcfb869398dae981eca72931752d9f6795a5d57b.gifv

?

Decadence, extravagance, beauty incarnate.

Stan queens, stan Gfriend

alt=Over It Netflix GIF by The Swoonhttps://media2.giphy.com/media/jpcvpO1NMGTPoo1XfK/200.gif[/img]

edit:

My girls in 4K??? YES PLEASE

I love studio choom's lighting so much.

I feel like people sleep on GFriend but they’ve been giving us everything for years and their music has grown so much with them. I’m so proud. :criesinkorean:

Thankfully they’re one of those groups where the members all looks distinct from each other.

[spoiler=Their Names]

DU2pW07U8AA_bkc.jpg:large

Whew once I started seeing idols born after the year 2000 debut I was like yeah....the days of me finding a new group every year are done lol, I recently made an exception for itzy but after them I can’t pay attention to any newly debuted groups ?

Lmaoo I did the same thing, itzy got a pass but i even then, i dont stan them like thaaaaat. when i starte seeing idols born after 2000 was when i started feeeling way too old for kpop.

• Like 1

So I fell in love again today ? ?

They're technically not a girl group but a Korean Girl Band called Rolling Quartz and I want them to cover all of Dreamcatcher's songs.

They did a cover of a few different songs and the lead vocalist has a pair of pipes on her!

In short they're amazing.

• Like 1

I love watching SINB dance but something I've noticed with her is that she often seems too controlled. Like I love they she doesn't over dance like a lot of girl group main dancers seem to do but I think she's so focused on being precise that she underdances more often than not. This song in particular she should have been hitting some of those moves on the beat A LOT harder than she did. Still a good job though.

• Like 1

I love watching SINB dance but something I've noticed with her is that she often seems too controlled. Like I love they she doesn't over dance like a lot of girl group main dancers seem to do but I think she's so focused on being precise that she underdances more often than not. This song in particular she should have been hitting some of those moves on the beat A LOT harder than she did. Still a good job though.

She seems like a very smooth dancer so that could come off as under dancing especially since like you said she didn't really seem to accent or sharpen her moves at certain points that could have added some flair. I liked her dancing overall and the choreo was nice. I think that's a fun song to dance to.

• Like 1