The Official BTS Thread

michigo

I thought this was their Grammy attempt? That's a relief since I'm really not a fan of the song.

People have been bringing up the Grammys since it’s an English single but I don’t know if bts or big hit ever alluded to that.

Either way, even if that’s what they were silently hoping for in the back of their minds this won’t get them there. I’m honestly surprised this isn’t already attached to a movie or show because it reminds me a lot of Happy by Pharrell or that song that Justin Timberlake did for Trolls.

• Donor

I think the song is good for what it is , a cute little bop. Their main target demographic, teenage girls will eat it up. The lyrics aren't that great to me but in their defense they didn't write it so...

Not a big fan of the styling. I hate when groups are styled like they are all going to a different event. At least make them look like they are going to the same place. Also just because its designer does not mean it looks good but I digress.

JHope it out here killing the girls and I'm not mad at him. Jimin looks good from the neck down, whatever he is doing to his face he needs to stop...now...V is V?

I'll add it to my playlist and look forward to the album!

You can tell from my everyday fits I ain’t rich, so cease and desist with those tricks...

The answer is D, all of the above..

alt=Prince Dancing GIFhttps://media3.giphy.com/media/s33IE5ZiQfha8/200.gif[/img]

I think the song is good for what it is , a cute little bop. Their main target demographic, teenage girls will eat it up. The lyrics aren't that great to me but in their defense they didn't write it so

I think this is a big part of why I can bop to it without being hating it like some people do. I can easily detach it from bts because they aren’t doing much but singing karaoke.

its just fun.

spacer.png

• Donor

[MEDIA=twitter]1296674120172810241[/MEDIA]

Here you go [uSER=1]@michiGO[/uSER]?

You can tell from my everyday fits I ain’t rich, so cease and desist with those tricks...

The answer is D, all of the above..

alt=Prince Dancing GIFhttps://media3.giphy.com/media/s33IE5ZiQfha8/200.gif[/img]

4 minutes ago, FAIRHEIGHTS said:

[MEDIA=twitter]1296674120172810241[/MEDIA]

ugh I love J-hope so much. The least popular member because Korea is so looks obsessed, but still always putting in 110% percent after all these years and such a ray of sunshine.

• Donor

I'm thinking it's their Grammy attempt because of the amount of US promo they're doing, all English lyrics, and the sound and visuals all feel like they studied current American pop music HARD and emulated accordingly while still being BTS. Nu-disco in general is an easy, digestable sound for a lot of people in the US. It's fun and the melody is catchy as shit. I find myself humming it even though I'm not really into the song, that's a good sign.

I'm convinced they're going to go all out for this next album since Jin's 28th birthday is in December. We still have no idea what their enlistment plans are, for all we know they ALL may enlist together.

I am, however, prepared to be disappointed by the "EDM remix" of this. Unless its some four-on-the-floor House vibes they can keep it. ?

I'm thinking it's their Grammy attempt because of the amount of US promo they're doing, all English lyrics, and the sound and visuals all feel like they studied current American pop music HARD and emulated accordingly while still being BTS. Nu-disco in general is an easy, digestable sound for a lot of people in the US. It's fun and the melody is catchy as shit. I find myself humming it even though I'm not really into the song, that's a good sign.

I'm convinced they're going to go all out for this next album since Jin's 28th birthday is in December. We still have no idea what their enlistment plans are, for all we know they ALL may enlist together.

I am, however, prepared to be disappointed by the "EDM remix" of this. Unless its some four-on-the-floor House vibes they can keep it. ?

I'm so curious about their enlistment plans. I doubt they'll all enlist together (too much time out of the spotlight) but I do wonder if they'll go in groups to get things over with relatively quick. If they all just go when they turn 28, it will be like a 7 year gap before they're all back together again.

I don't know how enlistment in SK works, but I'm surprised a lot of idols approaching 28 wouldn't just enlist now considering the pandemic. It's going to be a fairly long time until they can tour again. SK is currently seeing its worst spike in cases since March.

I would personally kinda like it if they all enlisted together, it would mean two years out of the spotlight but I’d prefer that over years of them not being able to release/promote together.

The month long break they took may have been something of a soft test to see how the public would respond to them being out of the spotlight for an “extended” period of time. Either way I think Jin might enlist soon, Covid probably messed up a lot of plans they had this year.

have anyone noticed its always BTS  bright, poppy music that achieves the most? bwl, dna, dynamite compare to dark ones

I think it has to do with their current fanbase, especially here in America the majority of fans they’ve gained in the past year or two have been like middle/high school kids

• Donor

Suga looks like they bribed him to make that video.

I'd prefer if they all enlisted together as well since the amount of time in active duty seems to be shrinking from 2 years to more like 18 months in a lot of cases.

This EDM remix was just as disappointing as I was anticipating.

Hey! Thought I'd drop by the BTS thread to say hi. 

[uSER=43]@LexieLove[/uSER] I saw the B side today and thought it was a better video, much lighter and more fun. Fits with the tune a bit better I think as it's quite a fluffy song. I must admit the song is growing on me the more I hear it but I still don't like chipmunk sound. They may not have vocals like Adele or anything but they really don't need the level of auto tune they put in this song.   And I know the rap line are all dying inside, poor souls! I think it would be hard to sing live (as in properly live) and have it sound anything like the recording.

Ah well, hopefully the album will be a bit more like the old BTS style. Fingers crossed!

Yes I agree! The b-side video was so much more enjoyable and I felt it went well with the happy go lucky nature of the song. 

I was so confused in the original version why they barely showed Jin. 

I tend to avoid their English interviews like the plague but this one was actually really good! Everything works out much better when they're allowed to speak Korean and only attempt to speak in English when they're comfortable.

Jin akgaes really sent the trucks to BH building..

[MEDIA=twitter]1298119547275243520[/MEDIA]

[ATTACH]268._xfImport[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]269._xfImport[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]270._xfImport[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]271._xfImport[/ATTACH]

26 minutes ago, ozioma said:

Jin akgaes really sent the trucks to BH building..

[MEDIA=twitter]1298119547275243520[/MEDIA]

BRUH

spacer.png

I would be so embarrassed if I was Jin omfg. These stans are OUT OF CONTROL.

BRUH

spacer.png

I would be so embarrassed if I was Jin omfg. These stans are OUT OF CONTROL.

Them people don't care about him. It is all about control 

these people are solo fans

[ATTACH]273._xfImport[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]272._xfImport[/ATTACH]

Them people don't care about him. It is all about control 

these people are solo fans

[ATTACH]273[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]272[/ATTACH]

This is one of things I’ll never understand or agree with about kpop. The way certain delusional fans genuinely think they have ownership over a person and the way these companies play into that delusion because a crazed fan brings in more money. It’s sickening.

Jin hasn’t talked about acting in YEARS and when he did he always mentioned it in passing like it would be something fun to try not his whole life’s passion. 

Edit: Jin and Yoongi seem like such an odd coupling but they’re so comfortable around each other, it’s cute.

https://ynki.tumblr.com/post/627432329030287360/jin-and-yoongi-singing-dont-worry-in-the

Yes I agree! The b-side video was so much more enjoyable and I felt it went well with the happy go lucky nature of the song. 

I was so confused in the original version why they barely showed Jin. 

Don't get me started!!

I watched it the first time and suddenly spotted him around the end and I said 'oh there he is!!' while getting a bit overexcited. It's like blink and you miss him! Never mind Where's Wally? Where's Jin???!! He's the damn visual as well for goodness sake ?